• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Here is an engine similar to the one I worked on as a teenager.

This is the car my Dad had, ours was blue.

View attachment 218996

Seeing that tool brought back memories of the coolest car my family ever owned.

I apologize for the thread hijack.
    My Grandfather had a very similar car, a Kaiser Manhattan. About the same color, but no color pictures exist of it. He loved the car, and spoke fondly of it. "The only car that he had zero problems with" I am sure it was a fine car, but the rest of the story is that it was in a total loss wreck before it needed it's first tune up. A couple years later, my mother totaled his coral pink and white '57 Chevy. They were not "classics" then, they were just another car on the road. He replaced it with a Rambler.

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county

Google "Lucas wiring harness smoke", you can buy a bottle of genuine smoke to replace what was lost when the harness melted down! The installation tool is hard to find however...

Anyone who has worked on British cars or motorcycles knows Lucas electric items are the best in the world. That's why they call Mr. Lucas "the Prince of Darkness", Lucas switches have 2 positions, off and flicker, and Lucas patented the short circuit. There is a chart of Lucas authorized emergency fuse replacements, with a nail on the low amp range up to a 1/2" bolt as the "slo blow" 200 amp replacement.

Lucas is also why the Brits drink warm beer, Lucas makes their refrigerators.

Almost every GM truck on the road from the mid 90s to the late 2000s has a Lucas brand neutral safety switch on the side of the transmission. To unplug them requires heat, apparently they seal the innards with hot melt glue that melts below normal trans operating temps. The model they use on the Allisons in the big trucks go out at least every other year, if your Allison equipped truck ever exhibits ANY trans codes or problems, even if it appears totally unrelated, replace that switch before you do anything else. Most of the time it will be fixed. Until it goes out again!

Top Bottom