• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Wow! Thanks for all the input here guys :).

At this time I do think I'm going to move thoughts away from the Kel-Tec. I like the idea of giving the wife a CM9. It basically is a PM9, just less milling on the slide.

THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT, INGO!
    230px-Montgomery_Burns.png

EXCELLENT!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I'm looking for a PF9 now. I looked at the PM9 and LC9 but I like the price and I like the idea of tinkering with it. The +1 clip extender is even better with my larger hands.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Just an FYI for anyone looking. I was at Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka today, and they had a PF9 for sale. $249 IIRC....

jwhites4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    I just sold my PF9 to my boss. The reason, it was to worst gun I have ever owned. I have shot the PM9 and of course my PF9, PM9 is by far the best "pocket" 9mm. I regularly shoot my 1911 and would rather shoot it over the PF9. Recoil was HORRIBLE!! It bit like a pissed off mule. Not to mention all the work I had to do to it to get it to feed (polish feed ramp, mag spring work [too heavy, caused feed issues], firing pin replacement, ect) I would not trust my life with it, let alone a loved one unless you are willing to do the work and put about 1000 rounds through it to be sure you got the kinks out. They are also very picky about the rounds they will feed, mine would only feed 115gr Hornady Critical D.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I see you have made a descesion. Good luck with the CM9. Having owned a Kahr PM45 and still having a PF9 I don't think you can go wrong with either a Kahr or a Kel-Tec.

Now if your wife has trouble racking a pistol try the Mongolian method (comes from the Mongolian bow, you hold the string and push the bow out). Use the same principle with a pistol, hold the slide and push the receiver forward. This how I taught my daughter who is of slight build.

I live on the west side of Indy, if you want to meet and try the PF9 I would be willing to meet at Indy Trading Post range. Don's would be closer but under no circumstances would I consider entering Don's Guns for any reason.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I got to handle a CM40 yesterday. Little less refined then the PM9/40 from what I could see. Also a little larger or at least the grip seemed longer. I liked the gun a lot. Did not have a chance to shoot it. But I think the CM9/40 felt great and is the perfect size for carry or for a wife.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    PF9 has abusive recoil? I'm not gettin' it. You must have some tender hands.

Have fired the PF9 and and LC9, I find recoil recoil on both of these little handguns very manageable, especially compared to some larger caliber firearms.

Top Bottom