• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My first shoulder holster was an Uncle Mike's vertical. I didn't like the fact that I had to use the belt loops or the holster would move around excessively, the overall bulk of it when trying to carry concealed, and the draw angle was too extreme for me. I got a Galco Miami Classic (horizontal) with the double mag pouch on the offside and find it to be much more comfortable and functional. Good luck!

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I was in Bloomington yesterday helping my daughter move. While filling up her car, I saw a gentleman walk inside the station with a shoulder rig over a white dress shirt and tie. I looked at the car he got out of which was unmarked but it did have a spotlight. He wore that thing well and I could not resist asking. When he came out of the store, I politely asked what kind of rig he had. He said it was a Safariland but they did not make them any more. He said he wore it everyday and it felt great. He seemed pretty cool when I told him I wanted one for my 1911. He did tell me that he preferred horizontal over vertical. The guy was tall and thin and his Glock 30 seemed to stick out the back. I have a lot more front-back than he has. He did say belt loop ties were an option for him but he did not need them. I did not bother him asking what kind of LE he was or about his Glock.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will take Allan up on his offer to try his rig out.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Alessi Was my favorite, followed by the Jackass rig, and the Miami Classic. I don't use 1911's anymore, so no more shoulder holsters.

lamboz1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    United States
    Galco has a sale right now, about 20% off, just ordered a black miami classic for a sig c3. First shoulder holster for me, will give my impressions when it arrives

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom