• Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    In November, I vote based on who I agree with most. Not who is "pure"

Most would agree with you.

All that is needed for a candidate to get your vote is for that candidate (be it republican or democrat) to show he is ever so slightly closer to that with which you agree than the other candidate and he has your vote, regardless if you do not agree with either of them much at all.

It is, in large part, why we have the out of control central government we have today.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    All that is needed for a candidate to get your vote is for that candidate (be it republican or democrat) to show he is ever so slightly closer to that with which you agree than the other candidate and he has your vote, regardless if you do not agree with either of them much at all.

I guess in theory, that is true. I have always seemed to find more I agree with than disagree when I vote. Guess I hate freedom....

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    I guess in theory, that is true. I have always seemed to find more I agree with than disagree when I vote. Guess I hate freedom....

Maybe you do...I don't know.

You certainly seem willing to, at a minimum, compromise it for slight differences instead of voting it's principles.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'll keep that in mind when I'm "playing childish games".... Hypocrite.

Now you see, this is exactly what I'm speaking of. As opposed to addressing the suggested problem with your actions, you call names.

You will never advance your parties beliefs or numbers through attempted insults. That returns to my original point, that I don't believe you want your party advanced to a successful level. It's hard to blame "everyone else" when your party makes up more than 5% of voters.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Now you see, this is exactly what I'm speaking of. As opposed to addressing the suggested problem with your actions, you call names.

You will never advance your parties beliefs or numbers through attempted insults. That returns to my original point, that I don't believe you want your party advanced to a successful level. It's hard to blame "everyone else" when your party makes up more than 5% of voters.

I don't have a party and I'm not looking to convert you or anyone else. Just calling a troll a troll. I'd be more than happy to have a discussion about the merits of a pro-liberty belief system, but I don't think you really want that.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    After reading all of this, I know the exact reason why republicans can't win a national election.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    How many national elections has your party won?
    Hmm? Which party? There's two of them I follow closely (take a wild guess).
    Hmmm. . in the last how many years you going back? They did have W and Bush Sr. and Reagan. Since 1980 they had 20 of the last 34 years.
    Forgive me, I merely speak for the current political climate. I keep seeing this "(Insert candidate) can beat Hillary" which I myself have also said, but I came to a realization; perhaps the last two elections were lost because candidates were picked to simply beat Obama both times, not because of what they, themselves, stood for. If we as voters stick together and vote for who we want to win and not get sweep up in the hysteria of voting for someone who might beat the Democratic candidate, then the chances might be better. Perhaps I misread all of this and it's merely stating Mitt's unpopularity, but from personal interactions I've had and everything I've been reading, that's what 2016 seems to be boiling down to. I'm not seeing much love for Bush, Christie, or Romney, but more support for Paul, Cruz, and Carson, yet it seems to be the reverse in all these "polls" and "headlines." It seems the republican party has suffered from a lot of infighting and an un-unified front.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Lets not get too excited and bust out the champagne and party hats, but our very own BFF John McCain is floating the idea his buddy Lindsey Graham may take a run at the White House. I think this is someone we can all get behind. . Graham 2016.

"Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), the GOP presidential nominee in 2008, was skeptical of a Romney candidacy and endorsed the idea of a “dark horse” run by his longtime friend in the Senate, Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.)."

Romney moves to reassemble campaign team for ?almost certain? 2016 bid - The Washington Post

Last edited:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    If they are the candidate that is chosen then what other choice do you have? Stay home again and allow another Obama? For your children's sake, or your nieghbors sake, at least give us a few more years without the tryanny of a hardcore democrat. Staying home is why Mitt lost. A few things are for sure, there would be no obamacare, there would be no amnesty, there would be no gun control legislation or executive orders. ISIS would prolly not exist, at least no where near in the capacity they do right now. Many horrible things would have been prevented with romney as president. There is no one candidate that will fit everyone, but there is one candidate that will HURT everyone, and that is a democrat candidate.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    If they are the candidate that is chosen then what other choice do you have? Stay home again and allow another Obama? For your children's sake, or your nieghbors sake, at least give us a few more years without the tryanny of a hardcore democrat. Staying home is why Mitt lost. A few things are for sure, there would be no obamacare, there would be no amnesty, there would be no gun control legislation or executive orders. ISIS would prolly not exist, at least no where near in the capacity they do right now. Many horrible things would have been prevented with romney as president. There is no one candidate that will fit everyone, but there is one candidate that will HURT everyone, and that is a democrat candidate.

I agree100%

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Anyone but Hillary! And we're off!
    So you would rather have Hillary then? You do know anyone but Hillary also includes Libertarian candidates, right?

The alternative to "anyone but Hillary" is either Hillary, or stay home (which is the same as Hillary).

Yes, we would like everyone to make an informed voting decision, but when your choices are all crap you really just have to try and pick the least crappy candidate out of the bunch.

"Welp, there's no perfect candidate so I guess I'll just throw away my vote."

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So you would rather have Hillary then? You do know anyone but Hillary also includes Libertarian candidates, right?

The alternative to "anyone but Hillary" is either Hillary, or stay home (which is the same as Hillary).

Yes, we would like everyone to make an informed voting decision, but when your choices are all crap you really just have to try and pick the least crappy candidate out of the bunch.

"Welp, there's no perfect candidate so I guess I'll just throw away my vote."

Nope. Zippy has made it very clear that he only means republicans. Ask him. He'll be happy to vote for Christie in a hot minute, even if it means more gun control and bigger, more intrusive government. I wouldn't vote for Hillary, personally. I'll be voting for the LP candidate, unless they run another Barr turd.

Top Bottom