• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevolverGuy75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Central IN
    Looking at the 5.56 or .223 Wylde options for an 18" upper. Or if there is another option that isn't going to break the bank...
    Did you end up picking a barrel? I just built an AR pistol with a Stoner 7.5” 223 Wylde. Running only 223 in it so far, about a hundred rounds in and it’s accurate, no issues to note thus far.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Did you end up picking a barrel? I just built an AR pistol with a Stoner 7.5” 223 Wylde. Running only 223 in it so far, about a hundred rounds in and it’s accurate, no issues to note thus far.
    Not yet. I'm probably going to get a Ballistic Advantage or Faxon, but not finding a whole lot in stock at the moment.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've use 2 BCA and 2 Ballistic Advantage and 1 Faxon barrels. They all like a certain bullet, weight, and charge. So far I have found that it doesn't matter out to 500 yards which barrel as long as you find the load each barrel likes. AR-15 Barrels are cheap shoot them up replace them buy a few to keep on hand and replace as needed.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I've use 2 BCA and 2 Ballistic Advantage and 1 Faxon barrels. They all like a certain bullet, weight, and charge. So far I have found that it doesn't matter out to 500 yards which barrel as long as you find the load each barrel likes. AR-15 Barrels are cheap shoot them up replace them buy a few to keep on hand and replace as needed.
    I don't load my own, so whatever barrall I buy is going to have to like whatever ammo I have/can find.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for reaching out to MidwayUSA’s President Matt Fleming. While Matt personally answers many of the emails which come to Presidential comments, occasionally he asks for some help to ensure each Customer gets answered in a timely manner. Matt has asked me to follow up with you on his behalf.

Thank you for your email. AR-Stoner is it's own Brand and Manufacture. All AR-Stoner products are made by AR-Stoner, but they are a MidwayUSA Exclusive Brand. AR-Stoner products come with a MidwayUSA Exclusive Brand Product Warranty. The means that they may be returned to MidwayUSA during the entire warranty period. (The length of warranty is listed with each product.) After 90 days, the warranty period will only cover defects in material and workmanship under normal use. With proof of purchase, you may exchange it for an identical product or get MidwayUSA credit. Hopefully this helps to answer your question. If we can assist you with anything else, please let us know!

On Behalf of Matt,

Thanks for Your Business,

Katie

MidwayUSA Customer Service

So AR-Stoner isn't made by BCA. AR-Stoner is made with in house parts.

Last edited:

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    I'm surprised no one's mention Green Mountain barrels. https://www.gmriflebarrel.com/ I've used them on several builds and have been happy with the results. Sub MOA with the right handloads.
    I really like green mountain barrels, but as of last month they have little for sale due to military contracts.
    Hopefully things will settle down and they will have ar barrels available again.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for reaching out to MidwayUSA’s President Matt Fleming. While Matt personally answers many of the emails which come to Presidential comments, occasionally he asks for some help to ensure each Customer gets answered in a timely manner. Matt has asked me to follow up with you on his behalf.

Thank you for your email. AR-Stoner is it's own Brand and Manufacture. All AR-Stoner products are made by AR-Stoner, but they are a MidwayUSA Exclusive Brand. AR-Stoner products come with a MidwayUSA Exclusive Brand Product Warranty. The means that they may be returned to MidwayUSA during the entire warranty period. (The length of warranty is listed with each product.) After 90 days, the warranty period will only cover defects in material and workmanship under normal use. With proof of purchase, you may exchange it for an identical product or get MidwayUSA credit. Hopefully this helps to answer your question. If we can assist you with anything else, please let us know!

On Behalf of Matt,

Thanks for Your Business,

Katie

MidwayUSA Customer Service

So AR-Stoner isn't made by BCA. AR-Stoner is made with in house parts.

Ask Midway if they could explain this example showing "their" manufacturer SKU that just happens to match exactly to Bear Creek Arsenal's SKU. And the upper just happens to look damn near identical, especially the handguard. 15" M-Lok handguard, 1:8 twist barrel, carbine gas. Yup, it's all just a big coincidence.

I call BS on a major level. Spend $330 at BCA or $550 at Midway for the exact same upper. :dunno:

Screenshot 2021-05-05 220328.png

Screenshot 2021-05-05 220403.png

RevolverGuy75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Central IN
    Ask Midway if they could explain this example showing "their" manufacturer SKU that just happens to match exactly to Bear Creek Arsenal's SKU. And the upper just happens to look damn near identical, especially the handguard. 15" M-Lok handguard, 1:8 twist barrel, carbine gas. Yup, it's all just a big coincidence.

I call BS on a major level. Spend $330 at BCA or $550 at Midway for the exact same upper. :dunno:

View attachment 138629

View attachment 138630
    That’s about the most solid confirmation I’ve seen yet! Due to this great thread, we have been debating and reading on this in my circle for a week...coming up with AR Stoner branded barrels being made by ER Shaw, or BCA, or Moore Machine or Saturn....as we know there’s a lot more “branding” than actual “manufacturing” in the industry today. Good info, Sir!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom