• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harokyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    So I just got my first ar-15 and I love to shoot all my guns in competition. does anybody know of any kind of rifle type matches around the state? I know there are three gun matches but how often are they held and where? I suppose I could shoot 3 gun but my only shot gun is a Browning 20 gauge long barrel that doesn't seem like a good fit but I suppose I could use it to start out?

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    We run carbine matches up at Atlanta conservation club. We really don't have anything on the schedule right now though. We do the postings here and indyidpa.net

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    http://isrpa.org/?page_id=58

http://thecmp.org/training-tech/shooting-tips-from-the-usamu-service-rifle-tea

There is a whole lot of shooting matches that many seem to be unaware of....

Last edited:

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Mine has a lot of the features you are speaking of, the thing that goes up on top of the long thing that sticks out the front, the thing that goes down on the bottom, the 30 caliber 1/2 a second 5.56 clip magazine, the flash thing on the front, the stock that goes up, it's black anodize and black polymer, and it goes boom when I put my finger on the switch in the oval hole in front of the thing that goes down on the bottom. What do I have? Super Assault Target & Zombie fighting tool, a Modern Sporting Rifle, or NONE OF Barry, Nancy, Billery, or Bernies' BUINESS?

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    We run carbine matches up at Atlanta conservation club. We really don't have anything on the schedule right now though. We do the postings here and indyidpa.net

What's the thought process behind your matches? As I understand they are low round count and emphasize mag changes before they go dry?
    Am I correct in that?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Re: assault rifles

I don't know about other organizations, but they are allowed in USPSA 3-gun and multi-gun, but you have to use them semi-auto. No burst or full auto allowed.

Top Bottom