• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Remember when Wal-Mart was selling Federal Champion and Winchester White Box 9mm for $16-$18 per 100? Ahh the good old days. :)
    I can remember $10 value packs of 9mm at WalMart. That would have been 2002 - 2006 time frame. When I started shooting we still called IPSC (USPSA) locally. So $0.10 a round. It was an expensive game to play. I had to pay about $80 to get a Pre-Ban 13 round HiPower magazine.

Taking into account my salary then versus today 9mm is about the same price.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    DDM4V9

If you could build rifles better than Daniel Defense for $1,200, then you would have your own company. Instead, you just show you don't know much about rifles or spelling.
    View attachment 312482
    CLE builds way better rifles than DD.

DD is extremely overrated. Especially these days at their pricing now. At 1200 that rifle wasn't special, but it was an okay buy if you need that name for whatever reason you thought of.

But you claiming all this stuff in the last few posts and then saying "you don't know much about rifles" - when you DON'T know CLE is rich. Just rich.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its not mine.. but.. I saw this for sale on one of the gun sites today.

Its likely just J&G trying to sell something they bought for cheap that someone brought in used...

https://www.jgsales.com/product/ke-...rrel-yellow-black-camo-custom-build-exc-used/

What the actual feck.. Someone took an authentic M16A1 upper, and front gas block, built it on a midlength PSA 16 inch barrel.

Then they slapped in on a polymer KP15 lower and ... put yellow tiger stripes on it.

"KE Arms KP15 semi auto custom build rifle in 5.56mm. Features a PSA 16″ lightweight barrel with black finish, mid-length gas system, 1:7 twist and excellent bore, and an A2 flashider. Has the A1 carry handle upper receiver, M16 pattern black nitride bolt carrier group, XS 24-7 tritium front sight blade, and the MagPul MOE-SL midlength green handguard with MLok. Lower is composite KE Arms monolithic marked “multi cal”, with PSA nickel Boron 2-stage trigger, billet mag catch, and the JP-SCS Gen2 silent captured buffer spring system. Includes one painted 40rd PMag magazine. Used in overall excellent condition."

LOL what..

108202-kearmskp-15semiautoarstylerifle16barrelyellowblackcamocustombuildexcused-s1-scaled.jpg

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    20240107_143530.jpg

I'm working on getting a dedicated lower for this build but for now this'll do (the lower here is for my dissipator upper)

Upper consists of an Aero assembled upper, ballistic advantage premium black DMR barrel, yhm SLM handguard, caldwell XLR bipod, bootleg BCG, and a vector optics marksman 3.5-10x44mm scope

I'll also be handloading 77 gr ammo for it.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2023
    Indiana
    I can remember $10 value packs of 9mm at WalMart. That would have been 2002 - 2006 time frame. When I started shooting we still called IPSC (USPSA) locally. So $0.10 a round. It was an expensive game to play. I had to pay about $80 to get a Pre-Ban 13 round HiPower magazine.

Taking into account my salary then versus today 9mm is about the same price.
    Did you use Bidenomics to come up with that assessment?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Did you use Bidenomics to come up with that assessment?

My friends and I call what we are experiencing Bidenomics and we don’t use that term as a positive reference. But that is another thread for another sub forum. What I will say is given inflation, current wages I don’t see ammunition prices dropping. Today might be the new “good ol days”

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    This is something I've wanted for so so so long but could never find a handguard I liked enough. Luckily we have @AllenM and his wonderful services.

I knew it would be tedious and a pain so I didn't ask for the longest time but after having him build my replacement for the old AR I actually used I was happy, but still wanted a front sight block cutout.

So like any other fiscally irresponsible person I had a second version of the same exact gun built but had him perform surgery on the handguard.

He said he thinks it's ugly but it came out 10x better looking than every other mcmr fsb cut I've ever seen.

20240112_174457.jpg
    20240112_175803.jpg
    20240112_175819.jpg
    20240112_175921.jpg

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    How did that assemble?
    Assembly wasn't overly difficult just had to everything within hand guard opening. Tedious part was trying not to break the handguard when cutting the opening. I couldn't clamp it very tight for fear of crushing it

Top Bottom