• ...and so much more!
  • Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    Top: Geissele Super Duty 40mm.
    Bottom: M110 replica build in 224 valkyrie. Waiting on a couple more parts for it to be done done
    Next: "recce" build as well as a cz 457 chassis setup

Attachments

• 20240120_170956.jpg
      20240120_170956.jpg
      205.4 KB · Views: 17
    • 20240111_173430.jpg
      20240111_173430.jpg
      439.2 KB · Views: 17

kyledmiller36

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2023
    Fishers
    Seeing the original was started in 2008, it is well past time for a second edition.

Post your AR pics and tell the story.

Original thread linked below.

*Colt 5.56
    -B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD Buttstock
    -Aero Precision CH
    -Aero Precision NiB BCG
    -Wilson Combat Ejection Port Cover-(not in photo)
    -Knights Armament QUAD Rail
    -Knights Armament BROOMSTICK Handle
    -Blueforce RMFL
    -Vicker's 2-Point USMC Sling
    -Surefire-M962 Body, Malkoff M90, M600 KE-2
    (Not in photo)
    -Aero Precision A2 Birdcage
    -Eotech 552

Attachments

• 20230702_194737.jpg
      20230702_194737.jpg
      160.9 KB · Views: 21

Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    First true entry post, I picked up my dream gun a little while back and have slowly been putting it together for night vision. It’s going to be my do it all build. With the quick change caliber system I’ll easily be able to swap to 300blk subs and have a super quiet boy!

Robinson XCR-L

Attachments

• IMG_1228.jpeg
      IMG_1228.jpeg
      413.9 KB · Views: 26

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    First true entry post, I picked up my dream gun a little while back and have slowly been putting it together for night vision. It’s going to be my do it all build. With the quick change caliber system I’ll easily be able to swap to 300blk subs and have a super quiet boy!

Robinson XCR-L
    Are you gonna let me paint it? :)

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I want to join this club, but I don't have the "cool pants" or even a hat yet.
    I have a decent tool set except for any specific to an AR-15 style build I might need to acquire.

I have owned multiple Ruger Mini-14s since they came out. These seem to be losing enthusiasm among many, but I have enjoyed many others' AR-15 versions over time.

I have decided I want/NEED one, but I will have to begin at the very start, from the GO!
    I want to build one up on a budget at first.

Other than quick cleaning one of these AR-15 types, I know nothing about divining the entrails of the task of building one up from an idea to a completed product.

Is there an online tutorial decent book or should I just live on youtube for a while? I would love to have guidance.

Is there a thread here or anywhere that outlines a complete build?
    I am learning a new pitch here, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I believe that I am about average as far as mechanical ability, but I have rebuilt dozens of old VW engines, a few Fords, Dodges, Chevies, a Fiat and one Volvo diesel engine.
    I am old and I still have the will, but no longer the space or the time to spare on such as hot car things!
    I had successes, but each time I began, I knew virtually nothing about what to do next. I proceeded with a manual in hand.

Last edited:

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    She's finally done - just needing some spray paint.

Not sure what I want to do with the sister version - same exact build except a criterion 13.9 barrel and no FSP.

Radian ADAC
    ADM upper
    BCM mcmr handguard with V Seven titanium hardware
    Noveske 14.5 chf barrel with dead air xeno flash hider
    Liberty Precision Machine Anthem S can
    BRT eztune gas tube
    Sionics np3 bc with chrome HMB bolt
    PRI gas buster charging handle
    Geissele SD-E flat trigger
    FCD end plate, A5 castle nut, and A5 receiver extension with A5H2 buffer and sprinco green spring
    Magpul STR stock
    Magpul K2+ grip
    M640DFT light with trex lightbar to extend it to avoid can shadow
    Holosun AEMS on an ADM mount because I found out the stock mount is literally garbage
    Vortex 3x micro magnifier
    Lunar concepts hot pocket which was great for cable management and holding the switch on the rail
    Fab defense VFG and a slr barricade stop

I think I need to put an acog on this and I'll put the dot/magnifier on the other. So maybe not done done..

Anyone got a TA02 acog they wanna sell me?

20240214_233632.jpg

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have a decent tool set except for any specific to an AR-15 style build I might need to acquire.

I have owned multiple Ruger Mini-14s since they came out. These seem to be losing enthusiasm among many, but I have enjoyed many others' AR-15 versions over time.

I have decided I want/NEED one, but I will have to begin at the very start, from the GO!

Other than quick cleaning one of these AR-15 types, I know nothing about divining the entrails of the task of building one up from an idea to a completed product.

Is there an online tutorial decent book or should I just live on youtube for a while? I would love to have guidance.

BTW, I believe that I am about average as far as mechanical ability, but I have rebuilt dozens of old VW engines, a few Fords, Dodges, Chevies, a Fiat and one Volvo diesel engine.
    I am old and I still have the will, but no longer the space or the time to spare on such as hot car things!
    I had successes, but each time I began, I knew virtually nothing about what to do next. I proceeded with a manual in hand.
    Maybe Aero Precision?

First one, I'd get a Colt M6920 or 6920SOCOM, TDP and be done. Replace as needed (trigger, CH, grip, stock, etc.). But that's ME, I mean I grok the time/money balance and one's patience with the fiddle factor.

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English

If you want to get into building one from ground up or pick and choose your upper and lower while not depleting your savings check out Bear Creek Arsenal and Palmetto State Armory. Despite their affordability they have been proven to be VERY reliable. As the CEO of PSA says "We are not cutting corners, I just don't have a private jet"

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    If you want to get into building one from ground up or pick and choose your upper and lower while not depleting your savings check out Bear Creek Arsenal and Palmetto State Armory. Despite their affordability they have been proven to be VERY reliable. As the CEO of PSA says "We are not cutting corners, I just don't have a private jet"
    BCA is good if you get lucky. PSA is shooting well above their weight class these days though.

Too many videos and other people showing the vastly common problems with BCA to want to risk it with them. I've had 2 BCA uppers and both were the worst money I've spent on anything AR related.

Here's a fresh video about it. I think he sums it up pretty well with "If PSA can't do it that cheap, how can they?"

If you've had great luck with them I'm very happy for you - I just couldn't recommend them over spending very little more and going PSA.

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    BCA is good if you get lucky. PSA is shooting well above their weight class these days though.

Too many videos and other people showing the vastly common problems with BCA to want to risk it with them. I've had 2 BCA uppers and both were the worst money I've spent on anything AR related.

Here's a fresh video about it. I think he sums it up pretty well with "If PSA can't do it that cheap, how can they?"

If you've had great luck with them I'm very happy for you - I just couldn't recommend them over spending very little more and going PSA.

Fair enough. I've had two uppers from BCA 223Wylde and 300blk 0 issues with either.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Fair enough. I've had two uppers from BCA 223Wylde and 300blk 0 issues with either.
    I'm happy yours work, I really really am.

I'm going to try to find the pic of just the feed ramps from the first one I bought. If I do I'll post them. It's the most unacceptable thing you'll ever see from the factory. They really look like someone dremeled the rough shape of the barrel extension and did a single pass on the ramps and called it good. Under a microscope it would have looked like a mountain range with all the burrs and jagged peaks.

I dumped it to someone else for real cheap after showing him the problem and he sent it back to bca and got another. Not sure how it worked out but that's the only good thing I can say about them - they will absolutely warranty their bad work. Whether it's with good-ish work or more bad, I can't say. But they do send replacements if you have issues.

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    I'm happy yours work, I really really am.

I'm going to try to find the pic of just the feed ramps from the first one I bought. If I do I'll post them. It's the most unacceptable thing you'll ever see from the factory. They really look like someone dremeled the rough shape of the barrel extension and did a single pass on the ramps and called it good. Under a microscope it would have looked like a mountain range with all the burrs and jagged peaks.

I dumped it to someone else for real cheap after showing him the problem and he sent it back to bca and got another. Not sure how it worked out but that's the only good thing I can say about them - they will absolutely warranty their bad work. Whether it's with good-ish work or more bad, I can't say. But they do send replacements if you have issues.
    I have seen this as well, not saying I haven't . I think they suffered some pains from explosive growth and personnel issues that come with that. Not an excuse, simply an observation. Like you said though they will stand behind their failures.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Maybe Aero Precision?

First one, I'd get a Colt M6920 or 6920SOCOM, TDP and be done. Replace as needed (trigger, CH, grip, stock, etc.). But that's ME, I mean I grok the time/money balance and one's patience with the fiddle factor.
    I think that is good advice. Thanks.
    I would at least have one of my own then to tear down to any degree I choose, so I can learn the platform a little better.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom