• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Savage Axis has a crap stock that flexes and is a long action, even when for a short action cartridge, the bolt handle bangs on scopes mounted to proper height. You can rework them to tolerable. The Rem 770 is a turd.

Billet AR lowers are nice, but what alloy? What is the grain structure? What mods over standard dims? I have seen some that were thicker at the stock attachment and required a customized buffer tube to use a fixed stock. Seen some that were of old school dims at various areas (like front take down pin radius-front of magwell).

The bolt rifles you mention also suck ergonomically, and in feel during cycling.
    AR billet vs reg...............

After all the negatives about those rifles though, are they still good enough to shoot minute of deer heart at 150-200 yards? Absolutely. "Suck ergonomically" is also a personal opinion, if a gun doesn't fit you they don't fit you, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

How many "mil-spec" forged lowers have you broken? I've yet to fubar one, the billet receivers I have are made out of 7075-T6, same as "mil spec" forged lowers and what, if any, metallurgical advantage forged lowers have because the forging process has over the billet, I've yet to need that strength because I've yet to break a lower.

Combined I've seen only 3 "issues" with billet lowers. First run Gen 4 POF lowers wouldn't accept M3 PMAGs because the way they shaped the trigger guard at first, they changed it shortly after. The Jack lower by Spike's Tactical won't accept a 60rd Surefire or a 60rd PMAG drum because of the teeth. And Seekins Precision SP lowers dig into a 60rd Surefire a bit but they still lock in and work.

By nature, and gun can be magazine picky, pistol, rifle, billet, or forged.

Forged lowers, I've seen out of spec pivot pin detent spring cut outs, buffer retainer pin holes being in the wrong spot, **** poor machining leaving burs and then those burs get annodized over (especially around the bolt catch), grip screw holes not being threaded all the way.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    With the potential of a new group buy for the BCI Defense INGO lowers; how have the quality/tolerances been during your build and would this be a good option for the original poster? Made in Indiana...

Top Bottom