• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I think the primary reason guys build an AR pistol is to fill the waiting time for an SBR stamp. I've asked enough questions to be called a "troll" on the subject because I just couldn't find a reason to build a 7 pound pistol.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    there wont be too much of a difference in function between the pistol and rifle except for buttstock....you probably wont have issues with that barrel length as most issues come with the shorter barrels...building an ar is easy and u just need a few tools...as far as home defense...they are awesome and supposedly will not overpenetrate walls...it is difficult to use a pistol ar unless you plan to hip fire....ideally i would like to have a sbr wtih a 10.5 inch barrel (and a stock) but i am too impatient to wait and pay for the stamp...had a bravo pistol ar and it just did not do it for me...it is not functional with the whole cheek weld crap

Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield
    After reading everyone's input I will be purchasing a complete standard length AR15. Thanks for everyone's input on the subject. To the above question from ryand111, I'm looking in the $1000-$1400 range.

efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    You made the right decision. AR's are so modular you can change it up how you want when you get accustomed to shooting it.

Look for a 16" carbine or midlength gas system. Also get a flat top, as you can get optics later or just use a detacable carry handle. Of course, fixed handle AR's are few and far between now.

You also might consider a piston system AR. It would push the top range of you budget. The Rugers seem pretty nice.

jjacobs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indy S./Bloomington
    Go with a nice custom AR build. 16 midlength is a good choice. Definately go with a flattop and free float tube that is comfortable. I would also recommend a comfortable stock and good trigger like Geissele.

Good Luck and happy shooting

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i would say build your first. what better way to see and learn how the thing works? but then again, they arent exactly complex. buying (as you did) is much easier

Top Bottom