• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have also had three SSA-E's and currently have two on my "keeper" AR's. I just built two AR's to sell that have the ALG ACT trigger on them. I think they are very nice and quite possibly if I had not gotten sucked into the Geissele Kool-Aid, I would not need anything more than the ACT.

I love that I'm not the only one with the "keeper" mindset. I've got two ARs that I wont ever sell, simply because I've got so much into them it would make no sense to sell them. Those both have Geissele SD-E triggers.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've got a couple RRA NM and they were fine for the $ back in the day + was one of the only large pin Colt triggers available.

My Geiselle SDE breaks really nice but has developed some grit in the 1st stage. Maybe I should pull and clean it.

My last two builds have PSA Enhanced polished and nickel plated fcg. Not bad at all for a normal mil-spec style trigger. They pull right around 6-1/2 lbs. These go on sale for less than $40 and are worth it if you need a budget trigger.

I'm installing a LaRue MBT into my SPR right now & will report back soon what I think.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's scary how awesome my Elftmann triggers are. Personally, I'd be between Elf and Wilson for a premium single stage. I really like that they both have half cock notches as a safety in case the sear loses it's ability to hold for some reason. I think that's a great feature in a combat trigger. If I wasn't wanting to spend that much, I'd be looking at the Timney or Velocity.

That study on trigger pull was a good one. It's what got me to buy my first Elf.....and now I have 2.

I will say that the CMC I used to have did feel very nice. It certainly felt better than that study would have indicated.

I personally do not like Geissele Single Stages at all, the single stage design does not work in anything but a "Drop In" trigger that has had the geometry changed quite a bit. Here is a exceptional run down of AR Triggers and out of the "Drop In" units reviewed they threw a Geissele in the mix and it had its ass handed to it. My personal recommendation is the Eltfman Tactical ELF Trigger it is the same price as a Geissele Super 3-Gun only difference is the ELF does in fact break like a good 1911.

The AR-15 Drop-In Trigger Roundup - The Truth About Guns

http://shop.tactical****.com/elf-tactical-match-trigger-curved

Also compared to other units on the market CMC is total garbage

:flamethrower:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Have you ever notice an Elf not resetting? I've only felt demo triggers and they broke fantastic but I've run across two that hung up on reset.

gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thanks DeanCrail that was a really good read and very informative.

I personally do not like Geissele Single Stages at all, the single stage design does not work in anything but a "Drop In" trigger that has had the geometry changed quite a bit. Here is a exceptional run down of AR Triggers and out of the "Drop In" units reviewed they threw a Geissele in the mix and it had its ass handed to it. My personal recommendation is the Eltfman Tactical ELF Trigger it is the same price as a Geissele Super 3-Gun only difference is the ELF does in fact break like a good 1911.

The AR-15 Drop-In Trigger Roundup - The Truth About Guns

http://shop.tactical****.com/elf-tactical-match-trigger-curved

Also compared to other units on the market CMC is total garbage

:flamethrower:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've heard of some of the early ones having issues with the sear surfaces wearing out. That caused the reset to jump the sear and fall on the secondary "safety notch." I haven't had that happen, and all indications are that Elftmann fixed the issue. IIRC, it was improper heat treat, material out of compliance, or something of the sort.

Is that what you had happen, or was there a problem with the disconnect causing them to completely not reset?

Have you ever notice an Elf not resetting? I've only felt demo triggers and they broke fantastic but I've run across two that hung up on reset.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Hammer stayed on the disconnector when releasing the trigger during a function test. It might not be an issue in a real gun. I noticed it on two separate demo triggers at two separate LGS. The ELF is the best breaking AR15 trigger I have felt & wanted to hear from an owner before buying one.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I never had had that issue with my elfs. The only thing I've had happen is if you don't install the safety before tightening down the screws in the housing, the trigger won't operate correctly.

Love my elfs.

Hammer stayed on the disconnector when releasing the trigger during a function test. It might not be an issue in a real gun. I noticed it on two separate demo triggers at two separate LGS. The ELF is the best breaking AR15 trigger I have felt & wanted to hear from an owner before buying one.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    For the money, as patience0830 said, the RRA two-stage match - for about a hundo - is money well spent. I own two of them and pretty happy with them. The Geissele, depending on model, is more than twice as much, but that's a darn fine trigger...rugged, reliable, breaks like glass.
    I own both of these as well, Mr Johnson hit it right on the head, both are exceptional. I use the RR on my carbines and SD 3G Geissele for the bench guns (it is definitely a different style break, sort of rolls thru it).

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I haven't seen anyone using the Velocity trigger. I really like mine, it breaks clean with no creep, plus it was a snap to install.

This is the one that I am looking at closely. At its price point, everything I have read seems to be of very good quality. A lot of bang for your buck you might say. My intended use would be for bench shooting, so I think the 3lb would be awesome. Bad part is that not many people on here have reviewed them.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Velocity is the budget aftermarket single stage trigger to beat right now. They're really nice for the price. The guy that founded Velocity was an engineer at Timney.

I haven't seen anyone using the Velocity trigger. I really like mine, it breaks clean with no creep, plus it was a snap to install.

This is the one that I am looking at closely. At its price point, everything I have read seems to be of very good quality. A lot of bang for your buck you might say. My intended use would be for bench shooting, so I think the 3lb would be awesome. Bad part is that not many people on here have reviewed them.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    My son is really after me to get one of the new binary triggers... he got a chance to shoot a full auto M16 for his birthday last year and really wants to put a hurt on my ammo budget now. I might get one in a few years if I get a Dillon to reload .223, otherwise there is no way I could afford to feed it.

A binary is tempting to put on my SHTF carbine and a good precision trigger on his "longer range" shooter in the future. Going to go through the reviews posted here and pick a precision trigger out for his next birthday, a good middle of the road one should be the best bang for the buck.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I just installed a velocity 3lb in a psa lower Friday morning. I bought it on a wim and so far I really like it but haven't taken it out to the range yet. Might take it out for a spin tomorrow.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Keep in mind that trigger "feel" is very subjective. I'm an admitted Geissele fanboi and have a few SSA-E's. I got a deal on a Geissele S3G and I hated the way it felt... I was used to staging my SSA-E's at the second stage and with the S3G I would roll right on through and break the shot. I've tried the AR Gold trigger and it was "worse" in that respect. I don't think the S3G or the AR Gold are bad triggers, but they're not what I want in a trigger.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    For a red dot I'd settle for an ACT, and if your upper consists of a precision barrel and a high end scope then go for a Geissele. Match your trigger to your application or you will waste a lot of money.

Top Bottom