• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    For my money, I have put in Geissele. One of my guns is running the SSA and the other a GS2. Both are great triggers, although the SSA just feels a bit more refined somehow. Nothing I can really put my finger on however (pun intended).

There are lots of other great triggers out there (obviously), and I almost went ALG with my last build, but decided that Geissele is well-respected for a reason, and if I am going to be spending that sort of money, I don't want to be sorry later.

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    Don't overlook Hyperfire. Clean light break and short reset. It also hits harder than any trigger I know of. I've had a few light primer strikes with other triggers. It should last as the design takes pressure of the sear. I've got about 5000 through it. RRA two stage match is nice for the money. Both of mine were wore out at around 10,000.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    IFXONWBh.jpg

The ELF's new "ultralight" body comes in at like 3.4oz for the entire package now. Just compared it against the Super Dynamic 3-gun and the Wilson Combat Super Sniper's triggers the ELF kills them both, truly the best AR trigger on the market currently.

bamtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    Bloomington
    Love my SD3G, but for an awesome 2-stage I don't think the RRA can be beat for the money, as I believe several others have mentioned. I think I got my last one on special for under 90.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    AR triggers are subjective to what your needs are. Does everyone need an expensive super slick 3-gun type light trigger? or can most people run thieir AR's perfectly fine with an ALG ACT trigger?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My thoughts are; the more you train, the less you need a good trigger but the more you want a good trigger. :cool:

I think the PSA eenhanced @ $40 is a great deal. Smooth and heavy ~6lbs.

Hey Dean, the ELF goes in the other way. :):

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    My thoughts are; the more you train, the less you need a good trigger but the more you want a good trigger. :cool:

I think the PSA eenhanced @ $40 is a great deal. Smooth and heavy ~6lbs.

Hey Dean, the ELF goes in the other way. :):

I am aware lol, I wanted the ELF logo to be shown instead of just "plain" aluminum make it more flashy you know have to impress all the people on the internet :rockwoot:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Love my ELFs. They're keepers. Crisp, clean, and the travel and reset is stupid short.

I am aware lol, I wanted the ELF logo to be shown instead of just "plain" aluminum make it more flashy you know have to impress all the people on the internet :rockwoot:

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Velocity isn't a good trigger. First mag ran fine, second mag had a double fire, followed by I guess six or eight rounds full auto. Then it turned into a really expensive single shot rifle with a light primer strike on the following round. I swapped lowers and the upper ran fine after that. I checked the allen screws in the bottom of the trigger and all are tight and accounted for. Contacting the manufacture. I used reloads, American eagle 556, tula, all had the same results. I suspected hard primers on the tula and ae 556. Reloads I use cci. I just want to caution anyone who thinks about buying one of these.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Velocity isn't a good trigger. First mag ran fine, second mag had a double fire, followed by I guess six or eight rounds full auto. Then it turned into a really expensive single shot rifle with a light primer strike on the following round. I swapped lowers and the upper ran fine after that. I checked the allen screws in the bottom of the trigger and all are tight and accounted for. Contacting the manufacture. I used reloads, American eagle 556, tula, all had the same results. I suspected hard primers on the tula and ae 556. Reloads I use cci. I just want to caution anyone who thinks about buying one of these.
    Your experience isn't the first time I've heard about issues with Velocity triggers.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I personally do not like Geissele Single Stages at all, the single stage design does not work in anything but a "Drop In" trigger that has had the geometry changed quite a bit. Here is a exceptional run down of AR Triggers and out of the "Drop In" units reviewed they threw a Geissele in the mix and it had its ass handed to it. My personal recommendation is the Eltfman Tactical ELF Trigger it is the same price as a Geissele Super 3-Gun only difference is the ELF does in fact break like a good 1911.

The AR-15 Drop-In Trigger Roundup - The Truth About Guns

http://shop.tactical****.com/elf-tactical-match-trigger-curved

Also compared to other units on the market CMC is total garbage

:flamethrower:

This might be my inexperience talking, but the SD-3G I consider outstanding. I really, really like it. It is fast (lock time), light, and crisp. It definitely has more travel than many other triggers, but I don't think an AR trigger needs to be like a Jewell or Timney bolt gun trigger.

I don't know how someone can say a trigger "got its butt handed to it" as if there was some kind of universally agreed measure of merit, like a elapsed time for a 100m dash. That's nonsense.

There's preference and how well something meets them. That's it.

ETA: Then again, since this is a DD rifle, perhaps the sensitivity of the Giessele to looser tolerances is not as much of a factor as it might be if the same trigger was installed in a different lower? It may not be *just* the trigger that explains the different views on the Giessele because it's not a cassette style.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    For my money, I have put in Geissele. One of my guns is running the SSA and the other a GS2. Both are great triggers, although the SSA just feels a bit more refined somehow. Nothing I can really put my finger on however (pun intended).

There are lots of other great triggers out there (obviously), and I almost went ALG with my last build, but decided that Geissele is well-respected for a reason, and if I am going to be spending that sort of money, I don't want to be sorry later.

I've got an SSAE in my distance gun - 3.5lbs two stage - awesome trigger.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I went back a re-read the TTAG linked article on triggers.

I gotta say, I'm not sure by what authority an author declares what is "ideal" for a trigger. Zero overtravel ideal? No motion to disengage sear ("creep")? Who says these are ideal? WHY are they ideal?

I can think of circumstances were you don't necessarily want a trigger with zero take-up and zero "creep". For target shooting with a bolt gun, maybe those are great. For an AR? I dissent.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I went back a re-read the TTAG linked article on triggers.

I gotta say, I'm not sure by what authority an author declares what is "ideal" for a trigger. Zero overtravel ideal? No motion to disengage sear ("creep")? Who says these are ideal? WHY are they ideal?

I can think of circumstances were you don't necessarily want a trigger with zero take-up and zero "creep". For target shooting with a bolt gun, maybe those are great. For an AR? I dissent.

Thought this tread died, anyway myself personally if it is a $200 trigger I want is to be "perfect". My platform of choice is a 1911 and their trigger is as close to perfect as a trigger can get IMHO so that is what I want all my triggers to be like and the ELF trigger basically is a really good 1911 trigger for an AR15

Top Bottom