• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    OK most people aren't brand exclusive. Throwing a curve ball then- if you HAD to go brand exclusive, what would it be??

If you mean one brand and one brand only, for all my firearms, it would have to be Ruger. Most other companys do not make hunting shotguns, pistols, revolvers (single and double-action) , bolt-action rifles (centerfire and rimfire), ARs and single-shot rifles.
    And of course the 10/22!

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    If I had to go brand exclusive for a given type of gun it would be Remington for rifles and shotguns and then S&W for hand guns.

Remington has gone back to making some pistols but they don't make one for hunting any more. I don't think they have ever made a revolver. I may be wrong on that. I don't know.

S&W don't make any bolt guns any more. Well they didn't last time I was on there site. I don't know if they have ever made a shotgun.

So as the guy stated above the only American Co that makes all types of guns is Ruger. I think it is FN that makes most types of guns, but they don't make a hunting hand gun. They don't make a 44 mag revolver or such in a pistol.

I could only go with brand exclusive by type of gun.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    One company only I would have to go Ruger. They offer a product that would fit all my "working man" needs.

rjh78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'm more caliber specific than brand specific. For example, I've bought 3 9mm over the years (all Beretta actually, so maybe I am brand loyal, but that was more of a magazine thing too!) but the reasoning was I didn't want lots of different calibers. I've finally added 45 ACP, but I'll now stick to those two, rather than through 40SW / 380 / 10mm etc into the mix. Same thing for my rifles, I only run 223 and 308 due to availability and commonality of those calibers.

rp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Highland, Indiana
    I use to be brand exclusive (Glock), then over the years ended up trading many of my glocks and expanded my horizons to find that almost every company has something unique and fun to offer.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm not brand exclusive by choice. It's just that once you experience a custom CZ trigger everything else kinda sucks. ;)

abuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I would not recommend brand exclusiveness either. Gin companies are competing and always developing... stay with one brand and it goes south, you don't know what else could be out there. You can also look for reliability through forums like this, recommendations from your local shop and go online to check out reviews. That way you can at least be an informed buyer.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I would not recommend brand exclusiveness either. Gin companies are competing and always developing... stay with one brand and it goes south, you don't know what else could be out there. You can also look for reliability through forums like this, recommendations from your local shop and go online to check out reviews. That way you can at least be an informed buyer.
    And so are gun companies...

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I like variety. American made is great, however I got into guns mostly shooting and collecting milsurps so I kinda like stuff that was scattered all over the world. As far as the carry guns or HD guns, they are of known good manufacture and have a good reputation. I would own pretty much anything that's interesting.

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    I also got started shooting bolt action milsurps, now it's mostly Rem 1903a3s, Remington shotguns and rifles. Pistols are all over the place.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    A buddy of mine is a bit weird when he gets guns. He isn't brand exclusive, but more like the "practical" exclusive that he only buys guns that fit a practical need. He doesn't seemed to want to get guns that can be "cool". To him, guns aren't fun.

Top Bottom