• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hey coffee drinkers, no matter how many cups you drink per day, please consider carrying breath mints and popping one or two afterwards.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I drink about 10 cups every morning, occasionally more on the weekends. I don't see how coffee could make you constipated, it's always had quite the opposite effect on me:n00b:

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    First mug at 6:00 am and 3-4 travel mugs the rest of the day. I do like a good strong cup just before bedtime. Never have the need for coffee on the weekends after the first mug in the morning. Anyone heard about the INGO coffee mugs? Are they going to happen?

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Unless you can thread a sewing machine while it's still running, you haven't had enough coffee....

Given that I often have way too much blood in my caffeine system, this right here pretty much covers it!

And a mere 1 cup of french pressed Gevalia coffee is usually enough to get that "why is the world sitting so still while I move through it?" time-warp kind of buzz going.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I was bored and calculated how much coffee I drink in a year... it came to somewhere between 80 and 90 gallons a year on the conservative side... Black. No sugar. Just like my dad did, how I drank it in the service, and my years in aviation.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    [QUOTE Anyone heard about the INGO coffee mugs? Are they going to happen?[/QUOTE]

+1 for INGO coffee mugs. I believe those would be a great seller! :ingo:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All this coffee talk got me thinkin' about it. My wife occasionally drinks some "gourmet" coffee so last night I tried a cup of Starbuck's mocha blend. At first it tasted like what I'd imagine ash tray water would taste like. But it grew on me and I just tried another cup this am and it's actually pretty good. I may just become an evil coffee snob.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There is a steady stream of nutrional and health data derived from studies indicating that things that were once thought bad for you are now not bad for you. And some of those things are supposedly good for you.

Eggs-old news says they are bad for you. Newest studies say they are good for you.
    Coffee-old news, bad, newer news, good, a little newer, bad, newest studies, good.
    Smoking-bad, vaping-????( not enough history to know)

IMO(and that's all it is, though that opinion is based on a lifetime of studying healthy living :)) is that when it's all said and done, the old motto; "All things in moderation" will prove to be the best prescription for a healthy life.

I drink about 20oz of coffee per day and I can skip days without getting a headache.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm not a coffee drinker. I hope the same holds true for Diet Coke.

I've only had 1 (well, 1 + a refill) soda since the first of the year. But I've switched to coffee, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Had my diet Dr Pepper on 2/15. It was fabulous. Next one is scheduled for 4/1...and I'm eagerly anticipating it!

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    All this coffee talk got me thinkin' about it. My wife occasionally drinks some "gourmet" coffee so last night I tried a cup of Starbuck's mocha blend. At first it tasted like what I'd imagine ash tray water would taste like. But it grew on me and I just tried another cup this am and it's actually pretty good. I may just become an evil coffee snob.

One of my best friends adopted a baby from Guatemala about 10 years ago. He served some time down there as a Ranger back in the 80's and when he and his wife couldn't have kids, decided to adopt a baby out of there. Anyway, he gets fresh coffee beans shipped from people he knows down there and roasts them himself. Now that is some damn good coffee... best stuff I have ever drank and I have had some nice stuff overseas.

Ya... I am a beer snob too. Again, the stuff overseas has spoiled me. I also like a good single malt scotch and the occasional Cuban cigar.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Medium roast for me, please...

Dark roasting the beans "kills" the flavor. Burns the oils right out.

Perhaps one day I'll get fancy and get a French press. And maybe one day way after that I'll look into a cold-brew system. But I doubt it.

Top Bottom