• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Nope no R51 ever good idea horribly executed.
    To many pistols at the price point that work!
    Heck get a High Point an 1903 colt or an original Remington.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Please tell me it's a range toy and not a carry gun. I would hope you value your life more than that. :D

Nope no R51 ever good idea horribly executed.
    To many pistols at the price point that work!
    Heck get a High Point an 1903 colt or an original Remington.

Solely going on my statistics with it (pretending the gen 1 never happened), it's actually not bad. Took it to the range the other day and no malfunctions in 50 light reloads but it reminded me that it does bite the thumb web. I did find I shoot it one handed, off-hand better than anything else I've tried. No, I don't carry it. Might not be my first choice but given my experience with it, it wouldn't scare me to do so.

A base model Honda civic works well, too but despite their prevalence and functionality the only McPhearson-strut, FWD, automatic in our garage is my wife's Prius (My garage, like my gun safe, is quite...eclectic). Just cause I like weird, interesting, and different stuff doesn't mean it works for everyone. Unfortunately that makes me unsociable often, since I avoid getting into arguments about "X is the best and everyone needs to get one, anything else needs to be thrown away".

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    From watching the video Remington has made a POS! I have seen one of these R51 and thought that it was a nice looking pistol with interesting curves and lines. After watching this video, I would have to say that a Jimenez would be a much higher quality firearm.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    From watching the video Remington has made a POS! I have seen one of these R51 and thought that it was a nice looking pistol with interesting curves and lines. After watching this video, I would have to say that a Jimenez would be a much higher quality firearm.

Which video? Yes, the first gen was garbage and was recalled. The second gen's still short of perfect but at least it goes bang.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    With many reviews of the Gen 2 showing malfunction after malfunction, you have to ask yourself the question: Would I bet my life on this pistol in the critical moments of a self defense situation facing a bad guy armed with a gun or other instrument who intends to harm me or my family? NOT!

Top Bottom