• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Oh and recent history tells us there will be no wall. We have spent quite a bit of resources convincing other nations to tear down walls if we build one now, everyone else does too (PLEASE). Even our beloved Ronnie Regan was against building walls and wanted them torn down.

While I agree that until things get extremely out of hand, there will never be an adaquate wall built. As for the principle behind building the walls, I think it becomes a matter of a country doing what is necessary to defends itself. As for Pres. Regan, I'm pretty sure he was against the fact that a country was divided by a wall. His speech was directed "as per my understanding" at the Berlin wall, not any and every wall in existence.

Quote "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!'"

Tear down THIS wall (as he was standing in front of the Berlin Wall), not tear down every wall that any country has built in order to protect itself. Just sayin...

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Reagan wanted to get rid of walls that keep people in, that's for sure. I'm not so sure about walls keeping people out.

Good fences make good neighbors.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Tear down THIS wall (as he was standing in front of the Berlin Wall), not tear down every wall that any country has built in order to protect itself. Just sayin...
    Yes, the quoted remarks were specific to that particular wall, however the concept and ideal was one of a world with no walls. While I think Regan was a great president and led us well, I being a tinfoil hatter also know that he worked in the employ of the same men BO works for and everything he did was toward THEIR common long term goal.

Top Bottom