• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    34 pages is a bunch to read, however this does not seem to establish civilian internee camps, it seems to be a SOP for using Federal Inmates (read that as those already having been CONVICTED of a crime) in labor camps on military installations to perform work that would otherwise cost the taxpayers to have done.

I love a good conspiracy theory, but I don't think this one is worthy of getting my bowels in a uproar over. In fact, I would be willing to hazard that the 1997 version, now revised, was in fact a rewrite of an earlier version.
    Of course, the Iluminati symbols in the margins have been removed from the declassified version, so we'll never know for sure. ;)
    The bad mexican food I had last night got my bowels in more of an uproar than this did.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Ya'll can still panic. There is a civilian detention facility on Camp Atterbury (belongs to Johnson County, I think) and also one on the Grissom Reserve Air Base. Don't know about Grissom, but I don't remember any of the inmates at Camp Atterbury being used for labor - but . . . they could be (if the Installation Commander wanted to go through the hassle of getting the agreements with Johnson County.

Also, Ft. Leavenworth's old prison was being used as either a Federal or a State prison at the same time the more modern facility is being used for military prisoners, so there is a case where civilian prisoners (federal) might legitimately be used for labor on Ft. Leavenworth, a military base, under this regulation. It's not much different from prison outside work programs elsewhere (especially in Texas) except it provides guidance for how such programs will be conducted on military installations.

You may commence to panic, gentlemen.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Ya'll can still panic. There is a civilian detention facility on Camp Atterbury (belongs to Johnson County, I think) and also one on the Grissom Reserve Air Base. Don't know about Grissom, but I don't remember any of the inmates at Camp Atterbury being used for labor - but . . . they could be (if the Installation Commander wanted to go through the hassle of getting the agreements with Johnson County.

Also, Ft. Leavenworth's old prison was being used as either a Federal or a State prison at the same time the more modern facility is being used for military prisoners, so there is a case where civilian prisoners (federal) might legitimately be used for labor on Ft. Leavenworth, a military base, under this regulation. It's not much different from prison outside work programs elsewhere (especially in Texas) except it provides guidance for how such programs will be conducted on military installations.

You may commence to panic, gentlemen.

You mentioned TX. I remember when I was stationed at FT Hood in the mid 90's, Prisoners from the Gatesville facility on north side of post were used for some projects. I don't know whether that was a fed or state lock up though.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    They are so sneaky! They try to hide their true intentions by explaining right there in the regulation that sometimes local correctional institutions lease land and buildings on Army bases. Then the regulation goes on to explain the Army's duties and responsibilities when those civilian inmates perform work on the Army post as part of the correctional facility's work program.

How clever to explain right there in front of everybody what they're doing and think that's going to fool anyone when it's obvious the point is really to establish work regulations for all the civilians they're going to imprison some day.

'Cause when you're planning a mass internment of innocent civilians, what you do is write a bunch of regulations about how you can set up work programs for them.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    The government would never put american citizens into internment camps. Anyone who thinks so is either wearing a tinfoil hat, or is of Japanese descent.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The government would never put american citizens into internment camps. Anyone who thinks so is either wearing a tinfoil hat, or is of Japanese decent.

The government might put citizens into an internment camp. If they do, it won't have anything to do with the regulation that was posted.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The government would never put american citizens into internment camps. Anyone who thinks so is either wearing a tinfoil hat, or is of Japanese decent.

I've known a number of decent Japanese over the years. Even my brother-in-law is of Japanese descent, although his family have been Americans for at least 3 generations. Of course, his generation is the last purely of Japanese descent in the family as he and his retired Navy Commander brother both married Caucasians.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There is a civilian detention facility on Camp Atterbury (belongs to Johnson County, I think)

Now, Blackhawk. Settle down. You're going to send "throttlejockey" off on another tangent. We both know that what you're talking about is the work-release center operated by the Indiana Department of Corrections. And when any of the "jailbirds" do work on post, Military Department of Indiana
    has to pay them.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Hey, you call it tomaaaato, I call it tomayto. Actually, I didn't know the civilians got to work outside the wire. But I haven't been down there since 2010.

Top Bottom