• ...and so much more!
  • exbrit

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Northeast Indiana
    Mixed feelings

I rarely OC and when I do, I don't do it in a Mall. Whether we like to admit it or not. others are a little apprehensive when they see an open carry.
    The general public doesn't know that you are an LEO.
    So I am going to take the probably unpopular position that you also need to respect the feelings of others, as you expect them to respect you.
    How are they to know if you might be some crazy that's going to start shooting? The sad fact is they don't! Hence the ruling that only on duty officers in uniform are allowed to carry in the mall.
    One last point, all my off duty LEO friends carry concealed! They don't want a potential bad guy to see their firearm.
    Nuff said!

:rolleyes:

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I rarely OC and when I do, I don't do it in a Mall. Whether we like to admit it or not. others are a little apprehensive when they see an open carry.
    The general public doesn't know that you are an LEO.
    So I am going to take the probably unpopular position that you also need to respect the feelings of others, as you expect them to respect you.
    How are they to know if you might be some crazy that's going to start shooting? The sad fact is they don't! Hence the ruling that only on duty officers in uniform are allowed to carry in the mall.
    One last point, all my off duty LEO friends carry concealed! They don't want a potential bad guy to see their firearm.
    Nuff said!

You are looking for this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    need to respect the feelings of others, as you expect them to respect you.

These people have no respect for what I wish to have to view.

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=women+wearing+clothes+they+shouldn%27t&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44697112,d.dmQ&biw=1440&bih=737&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=qJFbUZGzF4js0gGcvoHgBg#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=walmart+shoppers+fail&oq=walmart+shoppers+fail&gs_l=img.3...14667.19321.0.19640.21.17.0.4.4.0.123.1628.10j7.17.0...0.0...1c.1.8.img.115VoYuuByg&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44697112,d.dmQ&fp=1e8312d46031b4b&biw=1440&bih=737[/ame]

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    I work Security in a local Mall, I have no problem with police officers
    being there on or off duty packing a firearm. Glad to see them. My only
    defensive weapon is a bright flashlight !! :nuts:

:ingo::patriot:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I work Security in a local Mall, I have no problem with police officers
    being there on or off duty packing a firearm. Glad to see them. My only
    defensive weapon is a bright flashlight !! :nuts:

:ingo::patriot:

That best be one bright light, like..............The Sun. :eek:

INDSIM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Does not compute.

Yeah, that "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed if they have the proper documents, etc, etc." chokes me up every time.

So you are saying that rights are granted by the government?

picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917.gif

I could have said it better, how about "if the person is carrying lawfully".

As far as rights granted by the government, it's a touchy subject and I will leave it at that!

The top quoted items, I specifically mentioned they were for LE. If your an LE and you want to PM me, I'm here.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No, you just stated your opinion like a politician. Which is more important? Civil Rights, or private property rights?

John Adams said that "The moment that idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the Laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. Property must be sacred or liberty cannot exist."

I am sorry that you did not understand. I thought my statement was pretty straightforward. So hopefully that will answer your question. Without private property rights, there are no other rights.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Haha

Yep, you're right. Open carry is for intimidation purposes only. That and to compensate for small penis syndrome. Can't leave that part out. (figuratively not literally) :popcorn:

Intimidation purposes!? I carry a full sized pistol and happen to find IWB holsters to be uncomfortable for the specific model I enjoy to carry. If that " intimidates" you i think you may have small ball syndrome

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    John Adams said that "The moment that idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the Laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. Property must be sacred or liberty cannot exist."

I am sorry that you did not understand. I thought my statement was pretty straightforward. So hopefully that will answer your question. Without private property rights, there are no other rights.

So you agree that Civil Rights should not trump property rights, that's good. I retract my previous statement about a restaurant's right to deny service, but it was required to make the argument. The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to:
    "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

So, what we should be doing is going to battle as a Constitutionally Protected Class. The fact we are carrying does not harm the business interest of any mall. What legitimate reason does any business that's "open to the public" have for denying service to a person who is lawfully carrying a firearm?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    As far as rights granted by the government, it's a touchy subject and I will leave it at that!
    There is nothing touchy about it... Rights are granted by our creator, and not our government.

People seem to think the Constitution grants us rights but all it does is protect those rights. The Constitution does not GIVE us anything, it STOPS the government from taking away.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    There is a BIG difference between a home and a place of busines, two very different purposes. However, anyone can be asked to leave the property
    How is there a difference - at the end of the day it's owned by somebody, or a group of somebodies.

I have no qualms with asking you to leave my place of business any more than I have qualms with asking you to leave my place of residence.

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    I didn't think Indiana was an OC legal state. Did some research on C 35-47-2-3 and thought it had the part about open carry being revoked. Help to educate me? I guessed LEO were an exception to this.

Top Bottom