• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Gee, this is beginning to sound like civil war material. Arizona doesn't want Illegals, but California does. What states will side with what states. Who will succeed from the union first. Who will fire the first shot. Here we go chaos will rule.:):

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I'm not sure I like how this is going. While on the surface this sounds great and has a certain poetic justice (first AZ helps enforce federal immigration law then they help enforce LA's boycott) is AZ making threats with weapons they are entitled to use? Is the energy at question generated by a state-owned utility or is Arizona threatening to step in and deprive a private-sector business of revenue in the name of political grandstanding? Same question in regards to the point of shutting off the port in LA, are port operations legitimately under the control of the City or the state?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Gee, this is beginning to sound like civil war material. Arizona doesn't want Illegals, but California does. What states will side with what states. Who will succeed from the union first. Who will fire the first shot. Here we go chaos will rule.:):

there are already states passing measures that break ties with the feds. also some wanna suceed from the union. im all for it!!! STATES RIGHTS!!!! if civil war happens then it happens. i have no problem fighting 20 million illegal aliens and kicking their azzes back to where they belong or turning them into top soil. peobly over half of LA's city council either came here illegaly or their parents did, so in my mind they arent Americans anyways. see the problems you get when you let illegal invaders children become a legal part of your society???? IT DOESNT WORK, and now we are paying the price for past politicians ignorances! and we will have to clean up the mess!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I note that Galco is in Arizona, also. Another way to lend a little support to state merchants, while feeding the gun habit.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'm not sure I like how this is going. While on the surface this sounds great and has a certain poetic justice (first AZ helps enforce federal immigration law then they help enforce LA's boycott) is AZ making threats with weapons they are entitled to use? Is the energy at question generated by a state-owned utility or is Arizona threatening to step in and deprive a private-sector business of revenue in the name of political grandstanding? Same question in regards to the point of shutting off the port in LA, are port operations legitimately under the control of the City or the state?

The way I've heard it phrased was that the governor of Arizona was speaking to the power generators, and encouraging them to re-negotiate any contracts with LA to deliver energy. Who knows what kind of pressure is truly being brought to bare. My guess, though, is that enough Arizonans will be angry enough that at least some utilities scale back energy deliveries if this all really does go down. What will be interesting to see is where the Obama administration will come down on this. I am nervous about what might happen if they try to force energy deliveries to continue, a tactic I think likely.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The way I've heard it phrased was that the governor of Arizona was speaking to the power generators, and encouraging them to re-negotiate any contracts with LA to deliver energy. Who knows what kind of pressure is truly being brought to bare. My guess, though, is that enough Arizonans will be angry enough that at least some utilities scale back energy deliveries if this all really does go down. What will be interesting to see is where the Obama administration will come down on this. I am nervous about what might happen if they try to force energy deliveries to continue, a tactic I think likely.

yep i agree. when are people gonna realize its not the feds place to push states around regarding issues not in the constitution that was ratified by the states?

i hate how every dumb persons answer is: "call the feds for help"

how about this answer? : "tell the feds to go _____ themselves and get the hell out of our states' business!"

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    yep i agree. when are people gonna realize its not the feds place to push states around regarding issues not in the constitution that was ratified by the states?

i hate how every dumb persons answer is: "call the feds for help"

how about this answer? : "tell the feds to go _____ themselves and get the hell out of our states' business!"

But we've been conditioned to it. For that matter, the states themselves have become to dependant on the feds. No single state in the union could have handled a disaster on the scale of Katrina, for example, because they do not have the money or manpower. Instead, we decried the lackluster response by the feds, and demand swifter action in the future!

As far as the states asserting their tenth amendment rights, I think it is beyond time for such action. However, I have a hard time getting to excited until I see them move in the right direction, and quit suckling at the federal teat. Until then, they are still at the end of someone's purse strings.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's no more a serious threat because Rush suggested it than it was a month or a year ago when the left coast liberals were yapping about it. California is dead broke they'd be starving, on fire, shaking to pieces and sliding in to the ocean in a month.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Here's another aspect. The Hoover Dam which is on the border of Arizona and Nevada, is operated by the US Dept. of Reclamation which from my understanding is a part of the US Dept. of the Interior. This project was also funded by the US Gov. and wouldn't that mean that AZ wouldn't be able to with-hold energy since this (and possibly many) of AZ powerplants are actually govt operated? I'm sure there are other private energy producing locations within the state, but wouldn't the govt try to pull rank and pull federal funding from any number of projects, etc. I know LA proposed the boycot, but with-holding energy would take this to another level. All that being said, Stick it to 'em Arizona. Maybe AZ could send all their illegals to California so they could run on treadmills to produce the energy they're gonna lose.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'm sure there are other energy producing locations within the state, but wouldn't the govt try to pull rank and pull federal funding from any number of projects, etc.

And herein lies the crux of the problem, federally funded projects. We are beholden to the feds because of these projects, and they let us know about it routinely. They are bribing us, and using our own money to do it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    "We need to have this mediated," Los Angeles resident Tyron King said. "And if someone needs to step in from the government that's a higher official, it needs to be done because it's getting out of hand."

And that federal official would be president obama-messiah. Wouldn't it be nice if he was to use his constitutional authority to secure our border rather than force unconstitutional health care down our throats?!?!?!

Do your real job "Mr. President" and instead of destroying this country, PROTECT IT!!!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    And herein lies the crux of the problem, federally funded projects. We are beholden to the feds because of these projects, and they let us know about it routinely. They are bribing us, and using our own money to do it.

I happen to work in the deregulated energy business. Hoover dam is NOT what they are referring to. They are referring more to the Palo Verde Nuclear power plant, I suspect....

That's a huge installation that is owned by Arizona based utilities (I think - I don't recall the exact ownership...).

The way that power is bought and sold, it would be VERY hard to boycott CA... without the Nuke plant going offline or something. THAT would raise some havoc...

I somehow doubt that's going to happen.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I happen to work in the deregulated energy business. Hoover dam is NOT what they are referring to. They are referring more to the Palo Verde Nuclear power plant, I suspect....

That's a huge installation that is owned by Arizona based utilities (I think - I don't recall the exact ownership...).

The way that power is bought and sold, it would be VERY hard to boycott CA... without the Nuke plant going offline or something. THAT would raise some havoc...

I somehow doubt that's going to happen.

Re-routing the power would be easy enough, provided there were lines that can handle it going the other direction. My dad works for Duke and I get to hear all about these things. If there's no where for the power to go, being a nuclear plant, I'm not sure if the whole plant can go into some kind of idle mode or not. A coal plant can just shut down a whole turbine, I don't think nuke plants can.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'd like to suggest. LA county produces a lot of tax dollars. For the state of CA, as well as the federal government. How much support do you think AZ will get from neighboring states when they realize the tax burden will fall on them to make up for LA's lost revenue.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Re-routing the power would be easy enough, provided there were lines that can handle it going the other direction. My dad works for Duke and I get to hear all about these things. If there's no where for the power to go, being a nuclear plant, I'm not sure if the whole plant can go into some kind of idle mode or not. A coal plant can just shut down a whole turbine, I don't think nuke plants can.

I have little to no understanding at all of energy company power diversions, but it is possible for a nuclear reactor to reduce power output by inserting more control rods to lessen the rate of fission to just above self-sustaining.

Granted, I think that'd be grossly inefficient if they could just divert power elsewhere, but it is physically possible, if not feasible.

Top Bottom