• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I use to carry my full size steel baby eagle .40 in a shoulder holster and after a while it still got heavy. I only had two malfunctions while shooting it that was caused by limp wristing the gun. SavageEagle is right, the CZ mags will not work in the Baby Eagle. My brother has a CZ 75B and we tried but the CZ mag sticks out a little at the bottom.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I have owned the original steel framed version in 9mm for longer than I can remember. It fit my hand perfect and I even traded my Glock 19 in for it just because it was such a natural gun for me to shoot. Lately I have been dreaming of a polymer just due to the weight difference but I don't think I can part with my IMI.:yesway: I imagine I will keep it around for my home or car carry. BTW, I can't remember my last FTF or FTE with any ammo.

Last edited:

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    OK, I found the package of the mag I bought. It is a factory EAA Witness mag. It says it fits witness, cz-75, baby eagle and springfield p9.

Weird that a witness mag would work in the CZ and the Jericho, but the CZ mag wont work in the Jericho. Too bad...

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    My buddy has a metal framed Baby Eagle, I had to make him put it away because the more I shot it, the more I wanted one. It was smooth and shot very straight.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    bought two at auction a few years back, gifted one and sold the other. It wasn't that they were bad, just wasn't my thing at the time. I would recommed an xd or a glock if you want that size, weight, firepower etc.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I use to carry my full size steel baby eagle .40 in a shoulder holster and after a while it still got heavy. I only had two malfunctions while shooting it that was caused by limp wristing the gun. SavageEagle is right, the CZ mags will not work in the Baby Eagle. My brother has a CZ 75B and we tried but the CZ mag sticks out a little at the bottom.

It has to do with the feed lips.

OK, I found the package of the mag I bought. It is a factory EAA Witness mag. It says it fits witness, cz-75, baby eagle and springfield p9.

Weird that a witness mag would work in the CZ and the Jericho, but the CZ mag wont work in the Jericho. Too bad...

As stated above, it's all about the feed lips. I believe the feed lips on the cz are longer than the jericho. I bought an EAA at the last 1500 of last year. I think. Anyway, I don't really like it cause it's just got the flat metal bottom and sticks out just a LITTLE farther than the factory mags, but it's almost $10 cheaper than the factory mags and made in Italy. I'm Italian. I guess I have a small place in my heart for all things Italian. :): I only have one EAA and will probably just pay the money for the factory mags.

Just be glad they're not like the Sig P250 mags. I have to pay $50-60 per mag for my wife's gun! :n00b:

JAMZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    there nice if you have extra money for a toy........but if your lookin for practical and actually hitting a target not so much

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    there nice if you have extra money for a toy........but if your lookin for practical and actually hitting a target not so much

Really? What is your carry gun? Got a bench rest that we can use to compare accuracy with? I mean, I'm not pistol marksman, but my Baby Eagle is the most accurate pistol I've owned so far. :dunno:

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    I agree, I can group much better with my Jericho than any other pistol I have owned. sounds like fud to me.

Everyone I hand it to does not want to give it back. My son shot a handgun for the very first time this weekend and did exceptionally well with it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I agree, I can group much better with my Jericho than any other pistol I have owned. sounds like fud to me.

Everyone I hand it to does not want to give it back. My son shot a handgun for the very first time this weekend and did exceptionally well with it.

I've owned a G19. Comparing PURELY on ergonomics, I can point-aim smoother and faster with the Baby Eagle than the Glock. The Jericho just fit my hand so much better and I have a fairly small set of hands. It's THE MAIN REASON I bought it. I had a Sigma first, couldn't handle the DAO so I bought this. I tried a P11 next, sold it, a revolver, sold it, my wife bought a Sig P250, love it, tried my dad's P226 with trigger job, envy it, tried an M&P, hated it, 92FS, meh, and tried a 1911, meh, CZ, killer hand web bite, bought a G19, despised it and sold it...

Nothing has come close to the love I have for my Jericho. I get the tightest groups, easiest on-target point-aim, and best ergonomics, all for less than you can buy a used Glock for. :dunno:

If you've tried the steel but not the polymer version, I HIGHLY recommend the polymer. Just try it. Bring the ammo, I'll bring the pistol.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    I think they look amazing. Only experience i've had is with a .44 and it shot fine. Even one handed it like a gangsa(sarcasm).

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think they look amazing. Only experience i've had is with a .44 and it shot fine. Even one handed it like a gangsa(sarcasm).

These are nothing like the full size desert eagle. These models come in 9mm, .40sw, and .45acp. They resemble the big brother but take designs from the CZ models. They also share properties that of the EAA Witness among many other copy cats.

This is mine.

BabyEagle pictures by SavageEagle - Photobucket

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    The Jericho 941 (baby eagle) is a great gun but very similar to the CZ-75. If you are thinking about the Jericho I would look at the CZ-75, IMO it is better than the Jericho, but I could just be CZ biased :D
    MyCZ75.jpg

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I own a fullsize 9mm Jericho/Baby Eagle. Its a magnum research version. Its probably one of the most beautiful pistols I have ever encountered. I had a few hiccups the first couple hundred rounds but after that its been smooth sailing this last 500. I would probably never carry it because of the weight and size so its strictly a range queen/trophy. Heres a pic. Its the sex.

Jericho2.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just had to drag this thread back out of mire after reading the best 9's article

The Best Nines - Best 9mm Pistol Site handgun review test gun dealer auction

Baby Eagle no good huh?

3. Baby Eagle 9915R: Haggle Price $490-$520 The MRI Baby Eagle is all steel with a 4.52" barrel. Handles just like the CZ 75, but more solid. Very good shooter with a strong heavy feel to it. About 500 rounds for break-in. I love shooting this baby. The good trigger and solid feel makes this the ultimate double-tap pistol. It is as close to the perfect shooter as you can get. The MRI Baby Eagle is a good choice for combat competition. I would have ranked it above the CZ if the exterior finish was better. Overall quality is great. The Baby Eagle is built to last a lifetime. The Isralies sure know how to make fine firearms. Also known as the Jericho 941. Update: No longer imported by MRI, but many are still available in stores.
    MRI Site Baby Eagle Review (.40 & .45)

And I was chastised when I was first looking for a carry pistol on this forum for choosing the baby eagle. I was even chastised at Fort Liberty the other day for not carrying a Glock. Specifically, I was told, "Shame on you. Get a Glock." :rolleyes:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I had a 9mm full size all steel jericho for awhile, as far as ergos nothing has ever fit my hand better. the reason I sold it was the horrendous double action, the single action was fine but I couldn't deal with the double.:twocents:

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Baby Eagle 9mm in steel is one heck of a shooter bar none! I have one and it makes me all giddy every single time I shoot it! Dead on accuracy every shot.

Top Bottom