• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Honestly its not like I really need them but I may just toss them and move on.

Don't do that... Starline is great brass and there will be no risk....

Think about it... If something went wrong with the reloaders who load their primers into a tube, they could have a mass detonation if they did something wrong... That would be something to worry about... In your case, it's a single primer not backed up in a primer pocket... Like already said, it's also contained inside your enclosed sizing die... You will be fine ! Go slow as to not risk damaging the primer and you'll even be able to reuse it...

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Eye protection or a faceshield to make you feel safer.

Dump your used primer catcher so it is empty.
    Slowly push the primers out with your die.
    Retrieve the good primers from your catcher and reuse.

It seems scary the first time. It hasn't happened often but I have done it.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    How come you people are not afraid when inserting and activating a primer normally? That is when it is dangerous.

An upside down primer is not activated. It is impervious to being fired by impact. That is why primers in factory packaging is so safe, they are not activated.

Have you ever had a round that takes two hits of the firing pin to fire? That is because the primer was not fully seated and the anvil is not in contact with the primer pellet. The first hit of the firing pin seats the primer and activates it and the second hit can then fire the primer.

All this angst over removing non-activated primers is wasted energy. You really need to watch out in normal priming when you seat them properly.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    I was in a hurry one time with the lee hand prime, now I usually use both thumbs to make it quick and easy when priming, soo, one time on the last primer it was rough goin in but hey no biggie, I ended up putin it in side ways:n00b:, d'oh. That's prolly the worst ive ever cruched a primer , usually the oops is the good ol backwards primer. It still came out no probs as I carefully and SLOWLY deprimed the sideways crushed primer. As peeps have said, go slowly depriming and u will be fine.

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    It's a done deal. They pushed out just fine. I wasn't aware of the fact that their not activated and still not sure of that. I read in the lee reloaders manual about primers in a tube feeder being a potential hazard of explosion.no offense but i can see if it wasnt bottomed out in the primer pocket there would be nothing for the anvil to rest against. Just curious. But anyway its all good they came right out then turned them around pressed them back in correctly thanks for your help GD

Top Bottom