• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    only leaks when engine running. But it pours out.

As long as it still has oil left to pour out, she'll be fine. It's the minutes spent running after the oil stops pouring out that are exciting.;)

3.5L V6? They had trouble with an external oil line on some of those.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Any chance you've recently had your oil changed? Could it be the filter or drain plug loose? Of course, if it were the drain plug, it would be leaking even with the engine off.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Any chance you've recently had your oil changed? Could it be the filter or drain plug loose? Of course, if it were the drain plug, it would be leaking even with the engine off.

It is leaking above them and running down multiple parts. Seems like it's spraying out of something. The filter cap is clean, can't find the plug though. Not enough clearance to get my fat head under it

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is leaking above them and running down multiple parts. Seems like it's spraying out of something. The filter cap is clean, can't find the plug though. Not enough clearance to get my fat head under it

Doesn't sound like the drain plug then. I agree, it sounds like a leaking hose. A loose filter would have been easier to fix :D but a leaking hose shouldn't be so bad.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Now I has a sad. Thanks to monteryC6 for trouble shooting a bit. The good news is Meineke gives me free 15mi tow with my oil change and their shop is 9 miles away :): Truck should be here in a few.

i got out of the car after a trip where I donated six large bags of things to a church school and goodwill. On that trip I lost my Oakley sunglasses and my engine may have exploded. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

Does that make the Oakley's a tax write off too then? I noticed my tax software adds the mileage to the destination of the donation as a tax deduction now... I think the Oakley's also qualify.

Any chance your oil change place didn't tighten down the oil filter properly last time or left some of the old gasket stuck on there? That would be a great business model... offer free towing to all your oil change customers, and bam, instant repeat business.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now I has a sad. Thanks to monteryC6 for trouble shooting a bit. The good news is Meineke gives me free 15mi tow with my oil change and their shop is 9 miles away :): Truck should be here in a few.

i got out of the car after a trip where I donated six large bags of things to a church school and goodwill. On that trip I lost my Oakley sunglasses and my engine may have exploded. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

Seems like you should be able to deduct that as an expense for your donations.

Sometimes the "duck tape" answer is the right answer.

fluid is full, oil is low :(

this is not a recall it's a "warranty extension" that only goes to 150,000 miles. We're at about 170,000 :(

I expected you to complete the nursery rhyme. Like

fluid is full,
    the oil is low,
    a minute more running,
    and she would blow.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    You've got kids... drive with the hood up. they can sit on front fenders while one spots you and the other pours new oil in as you drive

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    My guess is they changed the oil filter and the previous filter o-ring remained on the block. When they installed the new filter, you now have two rubber o-rings which will not seal and will slowly leak.

Mike

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    My guess is they changed the oil filter and the previous filter o-ring remained on the block. When they installed the new filter, you now have two rubber o-rings which will not seal and will slowly leak.

Mike

I was going to ask if you just got your oil changed?
    I've seen this happen too many times.
    Make sure your there when they check it out or they might charge you for their mistake.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The oil change was three months ago. The filter cap is clean

here is what thr tubing part looks like. Might be leaking from one on left

this is what new part looks like. Nice solid metal. This is an Internet pic. Hoping that's the problem

Last edited:
    Top Bottom