• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Our banks and the Post Office ar4 not posted. The hospital has "no firearms" signs on the doors. The Owensboro, KY hospital has "no concealed weapons " signs prominently posted on all the doors.

Just because they have a sign doesn't mean you can't legally carry there.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Our banks and the Post Office ar4 not posted. The hospital has "no firearms" signs on the doors. The Owensboro, KY hospital has "no concealed weapons " signs prominently posted on all the doors.

Being in KY, of course, different laws apply. Does KY permit businesses to post signs with the force of law, unlike IN? I've seen similar signs when working in Louisville. (God I'm glad to not be working that job anymore.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about Indiana. Ohio does allow signs to legally bar you from entering. I wanted to get a pic while I was in Ohio, but I couldn't due to traffic. A transformer station had a sign stating no firearms - I thought it was kinda funny...

Doublet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Lafayette
    I normally don't carry in bank was always leary of a hyper man or woman getting excited and doing a 911 if for some reason they may see it , i don't like the felony position .

beebadd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    CLARKSVILLE
    Banks are privately owned,If they have a sign indicating no guns,they can ask you to leave.postal is goverment owned.As far as a being considered a federal building im not 100% sure.The best bet is to ask a clerk at your local post office to make sure.....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    They have the right to ask you to leave regardless of any sign. You are not violating any law unless you then refuse to leave.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The local hospital has a fancy sign about guns - it hasn't stopped me. What they don't know doesn't hurt them.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    "What they don't know doesn't hurt them."
    ya thats my motto as well...sometimes they find out though...like when i was at the doctor, and i lean back on the butcher paper and hear "could you please pull up your shirt". boy was that doctors face red!! man he starts nervously spouting questions about why i am carrying and to not do it again! total freakout.
    his explanation on why it was "prohibited", "seeing a gun (concealed!?!?!) could excite a psychiatric patient and cause them to become dangerous"!??!! are you kidding me, dangerous patients is great reason to keep a gun around!

Top Bottom