• dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Ammo 5.56 NATO DKG Trading 62 Grain FMJ Bullet 900 Round Ammo Can A5569

Looks like C-T-D is already jacking up their prices. Just another reason never to buy from them.

I disagree with that. It's a place you can get it, if you choose to pay more. Whatever the "in demand" item, be it ammo or the sold-out Christmas toy, there are some people that have time and some that have money. Some can stand in line at Walmart at 4 am. Others might be working overtime that week and happy to pay someone else to get it for them, or pay a higher retail price. The current market price is up, whether you blame ATF or the buyers. Why would you take the right of access away from those that want to pay more by selling it quickly at a price below market?

I don't buy from CTD, but that's based on the same reason I don't go to Dicks anymore. They played politics after Sandy Hook.

Pointman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bainbridge
    The ban on 7n6 with a 0.220 bullet and similar bullet design stuck so I expect they'll make it stick with M855 and it's .224 bullet which mathematically speaking is > .220. If the 22cal rule were worth anything it would have stopped the 7n6 import ban but it didn't so I hold out little hope that this will get stopped without congressional action. And, with the high positive LEO sentiment after the NYC shootings I don't see congress critters opposing anything the the LEO brass like NACOP backs. But, what chance there is to save the M855 is that the M855 is exponentially more common than the relatively tiny 5.45x39 crowd.

Pure conjecture like the SIG brace retaliation piece - but it sticks in my mind that the military looking to move to a new standard round such as the M855A1 and ATF wants to make sure that the new better penetrating M855A1 round it isn't civilian legal and that none of the "old" M855 is available as surplus? Backdoor hat tip to the UN Arms treaty?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I disagree with that. It's a place you can get it, if you choose to pay more. Whatever the "in demand" item, be it ammo or the sold-out Christmas toy, there are some people that have time and some that have money. Some can stand in line at Walmart at 4 am. Others might be working overtime that week and happy to pay someone else to get it for them, or pay a higher retail price. The current market price is up, whether you blame ATF or the buyers. Why would you take the right of access away from those that want to pay more by selling it quickly at a price below market?

I don't buy from CTD, but that's based on the same reason I don't go to Dicks anymore. They played politics after Sandy Hook.

XM193 420 round can is $280?? WTF-OVER??!!

Edit: I'm meant to reply to the thread with the CTD link that Dusty replied to. My bad.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Sigh..... I really hate these runs on ammo. I mean, I get the run on M855 ... but seriously every type of 556 out there....

Makes me want to get into reloading that much more.

Dim Mak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Naptown
    I hate this attitude people get, that "it doesn't effect me, so, meh. The government can infringe on everyone but me." I think m855 is crap, Ive used enough in the Army, so it doesn't have a novelty to me, and the studies have born out it doesn't defeat barriers all that well, and it has lousy terminal ballistics. But if the BATFE decided to ban low brass 2 3/4 12 ga shells, would it be ok if I didn't care? I don't shoot trap or skeet, and I don't do any bird hunting. So it doesn't effect me. The point is, these pricks arbitrarily run rough shod over our sport, just to keep themselves awake after lunch on a Tuesday. In no universe am I ok with that, even though I could care less about m855.

Gun owners who should be ashamed to call themselves gun owners... People like this make me sick and I totally agree with you!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Gun owners who should be ashamed to call themselves gun owners... People like this make me sick and I totally agree with you!

Why limit the hatred to gun owners with that attitude? Look how many gun owners don't give a rat's ass or actually oppose your right to buy beer on Sundays because they don't drink or don't like you drinking. Their personal opinions are more important than rights so why is it any surprise that there's only ever a tiny minority outraged when government is trampling our rights?

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Someone got butthurt... Big time.
    hornadylnl is actually perfectly illustrating what's wrong with a lot of people in these situations.

This country was born out of rebellion and this passive "doesn't affect me so I don't care" opinion/attitude is quite frankly un-American and doesn't help anyone.

I wrote the senators and signed the petition. I also just got back from a gun store that still had M855. I have plenty already, I didn't buy any. I went for 55gr. V-Max and basic .223. M855 doesn't affect me but I still took more action than most.

It's the principle....

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Why limit the hatred to gun owners with that attitude? Look how many gun owners don't give a rat's ass or actually oppose your right to buy beer on Sundays because they don't drink or don't like you drinking. Their personal opinions are more important than rights so why is it any surprise that there's only ever a tiny minority outraged when government is trampling our rights?

Exactly.

We should pay attention to government abuses (in this case, specifically agencies writing new regulations) even when we agree with the issue they address.

People who don't care about one guy's rights or think "he shouldn't do it anyway" need to consider how they might feel when a different administration exercises power over other issues.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Signed the petition, sending commentary to the ATF, and writing my supposed congressional representatives.

That being said, I haven't been buying M855 simply because most ranges don't allow it. You can find it locally for $450 per 1,000 still (at least as of yesterday), but I don't know I can justify dropping that much cash on the chance the value will go up that much. I already have about 1500 rounds of it socked away (more because I can't shoot it except outdoors than anything else).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    While you're writing, if you haven't already, why not write Dermody and Bosma to hear the gun bills they're setting on, if it's not already too late.

Top Bottom