• ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Got it.

Don't like the sounds of that, if the Supreme Court ruled that way. That means the only way to stop a ban isn't by actually stopping it, it's by overturning it after the fact...

Congress will have to be extra vocal now.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The Supreme Court ruled that administrative agencies do not need to issue a notice and allow a 30-day period for comments from the general public if all they’re doing is changing an “interpretive” rule . . .

Supreme Court Administrative Law Ruling has Far-Reaching Implications for Gun Owners

Supreme Court Administrative Law Ruling has Far-Reaching Implications for Gun Owners - The Truth About Guns

Administrative law sounds pretty boring.
    But maybe we should pay attention.

Bad enough unelected officials can make policy, now it doesn't seem that we have to even open it up to discussion now.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Anyone heard of this ruling?
    VICTORY on the M855 Ban? WAIT! Predatory Behavior of "Lions" Explained...: https://youtu.be/0ITr_9Avm3I
    [video=youtube;0ITr_9Avm3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=0ITr_9Avm3I[/video]

This is kind of what I've been wondering. It seems like they are trying to feel exactly where the line is and then push it as much as possible. If they suddenly banned AR15 ammo without warning, it could be like drawing a line in the sand that gets people significantly upset. But if you ease your way there, the public tends to accept it. It wasn't that many years ago that Obamacare was unthinkable, and even more unthinkable that a supposedly conservative justice would uphold it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The Supreme Court ruled that administrative agencies do not need to issue a notice and allow a 30-day period for comments from the general public if all they’re doing is changing an “interpretive” rule . . .

Supreme Court Administrative Law Ruling has Far-Reaching Implications for Gun Owners

Supreme Court Administrative Law Ruling has Far-Reaching Implications for Gun Owners - The Truth About Guns

Administrative law sounds pretty boring.
    But maybe we should pay attention.

Bad enough unelected officials can make policy, now it doesn't seem that we have to even open it up to discussion now.

A 9-0 decision. Surprised the ATF even vetted the change.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds like the BATF gets to do whatever and then it's gonna have to go through litigation and or legislation to remedy. That's a much tougher road to hoe.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This is kind of what I've been wondering. It seems like they are trying to feel exactly where the line is and then push it as much as possible. If they suddenly banned AR15 ammo without warning, it could be like drawing a line in the sand that gets people significantly upset. But if you ease your way there, the public tends to accept it. It wasn't that many years ago that Obamacare was unthinkable, and even more unthinkable that a supposedly conservative justice would uphold it.

Don't fault Justice Roberts too much here.

Consider what you might do when faced with a "convincing argument" such as, for example,
    "That's a very nice family you have there, Mr. Chief Justice Roberts. It would be a shame if anything was to.... happen..... to them."

Note that I do not know that this was the specific circumstance in this particular case. I don't know that this situation has ever happened. I merely suggest that it is a possible explanation for Mr. Roberts' decision in that particular case.

How do you fight an enemy that has the resources of a nation-state, as an individual?

Blessings,
    Bill

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sounds like the BATF gets to do whatever and then it's gonna have to go through litigation and or legislation to remedy. That's a much tougher road to hoe.

But profitable to lawyers...if you can't afford to play why would they care what your opinion is?

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Here is the response I got from Rand Paul.

[FONT=&amp]March 13, 2015[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Dear Mr. Rowe,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thankyou for contacting me about the right to keep and bear arms. I appreciatehearing your thoughts on this fundamental freedom.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Ido not support any gun control proposals at the federal level that wouldfurther limit the right to gun ownership by responsible, law-abiding citizens.Instead of reducing crime, laws and regulations that infringe upon the SecondAmendment often have the opposite effect of unduly burdening those who respectthe law; they do not deter individuals with criminal intentions.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Ihave also supported legislation that would allow individuals who possess anapproved concealed firearm permit to carry their firearm across state lines,provided they are in compliance with all other state and federal firearms laws.I have also offered legislation that would have eliminated the prohibition oncarrying firearms in retail areas of post offices, in accordance with state andlocal carry laws; additionally, I have supported easing some of the moreburdensome restrictions on firearm possession in our National Parks, on U.S.Army Corps of Engineers projects and in the District of Columbia.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Withregard to the Executive Branch, I will continue to oppose any and all effortsby the Senate to ratify the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, which was signedby Secretary of State John Kerry in Sept. 2013, as I reject subjugating ournational sovereignty and the Bill of Rights to the whims of an unelected globalbureaucracy. I also disagree with the Obama administration’s decision to banthe re-importation of historic M1 Garand and carbine rifles from South Koreaand I am increasingly troubled by reports of botched sting operations, administrativedelays and mismanagement at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms andExplosives (BATFE).[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Mostrecently, in response to concerns about a law enforcement effort termed “OperationChoke Point,” I offered an amendment to an appropriations bill that would haveprohibited the Department of Justice from classifying firearm manufacturers andretailers as an activity involving risk, a designation which has caused some ofthese businesses to have difficulty securing loans and access to credit. I wasalso among the group of Senators who succeeded in pressuring the BATFE toabandon its proposed ban on two specific types of ammunition for the popularAR-15 sporting rifle.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Atmy swearing-in as a United States Senator, I took an oath to protect and defendthe Constitution – the entireConstitution. I take that responsibility very seriously, and I am proud to be astrong supporter of the Second Amendment in accordance with that oath. Again,thank you for contacting my office.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Sincerely,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Rand Paul, MD
    United States Senator[/FONT]

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Don't fault Justice Roberts too much here.

Consider what you might do when faced with a "convincing argument" such as, for example,
    "That's a very nice family you have there, Mr. Chief Justice Roberts. It would be a shame if anything was to.... happen..... to them."

Note that I do not know that this was the specific circumstance in this particular case. I don't know that this situation has ever happened. I merely suggest that it is a possible explanation for Mr. Roberts' decision in that particular case.

How do you fight an enemy that has the resources of a nation-state, as an individual?

Blessings,
    Bill

Yeah, you never know what's going on. Rush Limbaugh claims that the White House knew about General Petreus affair and outed him when he refused to back Hillary on the Benghazi issue. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    “We’re going to take the input in,” Jones told a Senate Appropriations subcommittee on Thursday. “We’re not going to move forward without analyzing the nearly 90,000 comments from all spectrums, with a sense of figuring out how we do this rationally and [in] a common-sense way that first and foremost for us protects our law enforcement officers in compliance with LEOPA.”
    Note the buzz phrase highlighted in bold in that quote. It usually means the opposite and results in bad news for gun owners.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I watched the number of signatures "Stagnate" at 82K for quite a few days and wondered wtf was happening.
    I honestly figured they had the needed number of signatures and stopped counting.
    I should have known they were hiding the real numbers. Liars and thieves.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hmm, maybe we should remember this for the next time?

Dejavu?

And if it was set at 200,000, we'd probably have 160K or so now.

Remember what Stalin said: It matters not who casts the votes, only who counts them.

Blessings,
    Bill

IMHO signing petitions is not effective.
    Effective? How about one of our sharper letter writers post up a couple, three drafts of a letter that WE ALL can sign and send to our legislators?

Top Bottom