• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sniper gray over orange is one I have been wanting to try but have not been brave enough yet
    Hmmm. The frame I've been talking to you about is getting re-sprayed hunter orange. I don't have sniper gray, but I do have tungsten. I've been wanting to attempt one of these type finishes. Hmmmmmmmm.

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    Sniper gray over orange is one I have been wanting to try but have not been brave enough yet

That sounds good. Let me know if you are going to do it. If you haven't used Cerakote before I could let you know some of the things I'd do differently. Anyway, I'd love to see pictures if you do.

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    and lime green would make a good base

So, here's what I thought about doing but didn't due to cost. Any color or combination with lime green on the controls like trigger, selector lever, mag release and bolt catch. What do you think? The reason I didn't was it's $35 for another color of Cerakote and I don't think I'd want to rattle can these parts as they're the ones I touch the most.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    That sounds good. Let me know if you are going to do it. If you haven't used Cerakote before I could let you know some of the things I'd do differently. Anyway, I'd love to see pictures if you do.

Just a heads up. AllenM is a magician with any kind of gun he touches. He has built a large number of guns for many on this Forum including me. His cerakote work is outstanding.

He does training classes on the 1911 that are top notch.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon

I have dabbled with it a bit. There are still things I want to learn to do with it though.
    I have a new project I am getting ready to attempt on a 1911 I just built. If it works out it will look hot, I will post pics. If not you guys will never know :)

Diamond Collision

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    I have dabbled with it a bit. There are still things I want to learn to do with it though.
    I have a new project I am getting ready to attempt on a 1911 I just built. If it works out it will look hot, I will post pics. If not you guys will never know :)

Diamond Collision

I heard. I apologize for speaking out of school. I have a question. What do you use for application? I used a Preval which was fine with the black, but laid the bronze on a little thick. The bronze ran a little which was noticeable since the bronze has the suspended black flakes. In the end it didn't matter for the rifle since I was going over it with black for the distressed look, but I'm thinking about doing a pistol in straight burnt bronze.
    Thank you

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    No skin off my back, there are days I am glad to share the Cerakote work with anybody that wants to do it. I would rather machine parts but I seem to have a Cerakote following that I have a hard time saying no too....
    I use an IWATA gun with a .8 air cap You can get by somewhat with a regular Automotive jamb gun....not well though.
    The Preval would be rough.

Top Bottom