• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    How does the stuff that isn't baked hold up? I only have experience with the baked on stuff.

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    No skin off my back, there are days I am glad to share the Cerakote work with anybody that wants to do it. I would rather machine parts but I seem to have a Cerakote following that I have a hard time saying no too....
    I use an IWATA gun with a .8 air cap You can get by somewhat with a regular Automotive jamb gun....not well though.
    The Preval would be rough.

I just looked up the IWATA, and I probably won't be doing that. :D I've heard of guys using air brushes. What's your opinion on that vs. a jamb gun?
    Thanks

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    In my opinion, if you want to continue doing this you will need to gear up to do the bake on finish. Which means a good spray gun, oven and sand blaster.
    The air day has its place but will only take you so far

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    In my opinion, if you want to continue doing this you will need to gear up to do the bake on finish. Which means a good spray gun, oven and sand blaster.
    The air day has its place but will only take you so far

Thank you. Your opinion is valuable. I'm coming to that conclusion myself. I ordered some H series burnt bronze by accident and it costs so much to return it that it doesn't make sense. I'm thinking about using it on a pistol that I could fit in a conventional oven. I appreciate your feedback.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    DirtDart I think you did a great job. Particularly for a starting point. I wouldn't have the courage or the talent to do it, but I like the look. I have a battle worn G19 (purchased that way) and I'm anxious to see how it holds up with the baked finish. Thanks for sharing the pics...

Top Bottom