• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fisherg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Osceola
    Thinking of picking up a Berreta 92 and a kel-tec 2000 sub in the 92 magazine model. Any thoughts on the Berreta? I have seen quite a few ot the LAP models available at auctionarms.com and the price range fits my budget.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They're fantastic pistols; if a bit large.

The combo of the pistol + carbine is a good idea, too. After purchase, hunt around to find a source for inexpensive surplus mags and buy several.

-J-

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Great pistols ,got some bad press a few years ago about slide breakage but the Military was running super hot loads through them (ammo for rifles & carbines with heavier bolts) but that is about it & since then been addressed & improved by Beretta (FS models).My experience is that they are reliable & accurate,a little big but makes it macho to carry

fisherg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Osceola
    thanks- I have not shot one but I do like the bigger frame. Not looking for a cc sidearm, will use this for around the "farm"

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Good inexpensive combo, but as stated the 92 is a bit big for CC....I have the 90-two and the CX4 in .40...90-two is too big and needs to be replaced with a PX4....I love this pic so I'll share it here again;)
    S5006885.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have become very fond of the Beretta 92 series. They make great shooters, and have enough versions for collectors to drive you crazy.

They are usually very accurate right out of the box, and very reliable. If you buy a used one, you might think about changing the locking block and recoil spring when you get it. Beretta website sells a replacement kit for the two very reasonably.

What ever you do, don't go cheap on mags. The only truly reliable mags are Beretta factory which are marked "PB", MDS who make the factory mags and mark theirs almost identically to the Beretta except will say "MDS" where the "PB" normally is. The other acceptable mag is from Mec-gar, who also have made "factory" mags for Beretta.

Good luck, and feel free to ask any questions you have about these great pistols.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I bought one a while back when 45 ammo and components got real scarce but could still get lots of 9's at a great price. Great handgun to own and shoot. Have an 18 rd Mecgar mag and 2 factory mags for a total carry of 49 rds! Stays clean after lots of firing and never seems to have trouble digesting all brands of ammo. A very fine weapon.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Beretta 92 SF.

Thinking of picking up a Berreta 92 and a kel-tec 2000 sub in the 92 magazine model. Any thoughts on the Berreta? I have seen quite a few ot the LAP models available at auctionarms.com and the price range fits my budget.

My youngest Son, down in SE FL. bought one at the West Palm Beach gun show a couple of months ago+He's very happy with it. He went from a S&W Sigma to the Beretta 92...Kind of like from a Yugo to a Caddy!!! HA HA..Bill.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The 92 is an excellent weapon! It is proven and will serve you well. I am also a fan of the Sub2k and that pair will be great for you.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    They are great guns. I carried one in the service and I also own one. I however, do not like the size of the grip and the trigger is heavier then my other pistols. I also do not shoot it as accurately as my other pistols. That's my experience though.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have average hands, have held one but never fired. Is there much recoil?

Everybody perceives felt recoil different, but IMO the weight of the 92 and the full size grip make it a an easy shooter. I doubt anyone would say the 92 has alot of recoil. It really is a nice shooter.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

Since nobody pointed it out, unless I missed it, the oldest firearm manufacture in the world is "Beretta". Very historic and highly respected name. :D

As to recoil, very little as they are heavy enough, and robust enough, and have a long recoil spring that there really is very little perceived recoil.

Top Bottom