• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My buddy had one that I loved to shoot. It was very accurate, but if I wasn't careful I would pinch the skin between my thumb and finger. I'd definitely try one out before buying if you have the chance.

Oddly, the Bersa is better at preventing snakebite that the PPK. But, [STRIKE]Perhaps you[/STRIKE] everyone has bigger hand than I.

As for CZ-83 verses Bersa, They're quite similar, but the Bersa has a safety/decocker and the CZ has a safety that can only be set when the hammer is cocked. That means the procedure is load magazine, rack side, carefully lower hammer, keep finger away from trigger and insert into holster/sock drawer/etc. This isn't something I'd want my wife to attempt unsupervised.

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    I own and carry a Bersa Thunder .380 loaded with Corbon Pwrball 70 gr ammo.

Reliable, accurate and I trust it with my life.

APB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    I had a Bersa CC .380 with the nickel finish. Most accurate gun I have ever owned and very reliable. Fit will in an inside the pants clip on holster.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I own the Thunder Plus .380. I like it a lot more than the standard .380, as it has a double stacked mag, giving it a better grip. Plus, it goes from 8+1 to 15+1.

When I CC, it's the Bersa. OC, I go with a Beretta 96FS.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I had a thunder .380, it was SCARY accurate. I'm talking I could pick the branches off a tree limb with my first shot, hit shotgun hulls at 25yards with ease.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I have some Bersa 380s. I have found them to be outstanding pistols.

The CZ 82 might also be worth a look. It has a higher capacity and the 9 Makarov ammo packs a bit more punch. Plus, I can generally buy the ammo at a much better price.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Great value. No issue here. However, you do realize they're every bit as big and a little heavier than something like a Kahr CW9 right?

There's some difference in initial cost of the firearm itself, but if you shoot much, the lower cost of 9mm makes up for that relatively quickly and it's a more effective round to boot.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Loved my bersa thunder 380.. Great gun. easy to conceal, easy to shoot, completely reliable! I just moved on to bigger and better things.. Regret selling it, Although I pretty much regret letting go of any gun that I previously had in my possession.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I'm looking for a Firestorm 380 which is a Bersa clone, I believe by the same manufacturer, but it has remarkable hogue type grips on it. Just aesthetically, it's a pretty nice gun, and fits very well in the hand. Yes, extra mags are pricey, but you don't need a lot. :)

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I am looking at buying a bersa 380 for home protection and maybe eventually as a carry. But i would really like to try one first.I have heard mixed reviews and would like to know what some owners think of their purchase.

My research indicates that it is a fine weapon. However, it is still a 380, which has advantages and disadvantages, which I think are understood. It would be a good carry gun, but you have the luxury of storing any weapon in your home, and I would keep a larger caliber there.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Love the Bersa .380. I have fired several models. I opted for a different gun in the end, but plan on making the Bersa my next purchase.

The only issue I had was that they do not have a model with an ambi safety. I am a lefty.

hankhill

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    All the above, more accurate than you'd think, no recoil, fun. I have one for sale but thinking of keeping after reading this!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Love the Bersa .380. I have fired several models. I opted for a different gun in the end, but plan on making the Bersa my next purchase.

The only issue I had was that they do not have a model with an ambi safety. I am a lefty.

That's not a issue.

I'm a lefty too, but I would recommend anyone carry this gun with the safety OFF. It's to hard to manipulate that when you need it most.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have some Bersa 380s. I have found them to be outstanding pistols.

The CZ 82 might also be worth a look. It has a higher capacity and the 9 Makarov ammo packs a bit more punch. Plus, I can generally buy the ammo at a much better price.

I have quit recommending the CZ 82, not because it isn't better than the .380s, just because everyone gets scared off when you say 9x18 Makarov. The reason I no longer have a Bersa .380 and rarely shoot my CZ 83 is because the CZ 82 is as good or better and is so much cheaper to shoot. But hey, who listens? :D

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I've had my Bersa .380 thunder for about 3-4 years now and I have not had, nor have I seen (a lot of people have shot it) any malfunctions other than one that has started...

If you insert a loaded mag with some force, the slide will close. This issue has been noted by others on some of the boards. And people who use the slide stop as a release tend to experience the issue sooner, and for some the slide won't stay open without the empty magazine in place. One post by the 'smith who works on them said in one post that they had some guns a little while back with "soft" slide levers... so I may see if I can get them to send me a part.

I just got done loading a bunch of 95gr lead bullets for it (first time using lead) so we'll see how it does with lead.

I have not had one single jam, FTE, FTF, or whatever with it so far with any FMJ or HP ammo, factory or reloads. I don't know the round count, but I would estimate ~500.

Very accurate too.

I'll probably get a Thunder .22 when I find one.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I have had my Bersa 380 Thunder CC for two years now. Great gun for accuracy, bought a Blackhawk IWB holster that fits great. Ammo is a bit expensive but that is ok. Also very easy to tear down and clean up. Great purchase for the money.

Top Bottom