• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That was my initial option. Glad I went with the 9mm SA 1911 Range Officer Compact. I would hate to be "not manly enough" to some random guy on the internet. :):
    I should mention a disclaimer. I have a RIA 1911 in 9mm and the kicker is that it's an Officer size model too. OMG.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'll second the Hi-Power as the best option for a 9mm 1911. Its a JMB design intended for the 9mm, not a 45 gun made to work with a smaller cartridge. Not only that, but as a carry gun, the high power carries easily, has a higher capacity, and looks good doing its job. Remove the mag safety, and the trigger has the potential to be just as good as the 1911.

Am I the only one who thinks the High Power is ugly as sin? I think the 1911 is a beautiful gun, but the high power's like the ugly step sister!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'll be the other un- manly man to mention I have an RIA in 9mm. Never had an issue with it.
    Mine is the fs tactical, so a little bigger than what you're looking at.
    I know I (and a few others) will get flamed for this....looking at you CM....j/k

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As I said, the RIA was my first choice, in either commander or officer size, but I fell into a decent price for my SA instead.
    I don't blame you. If you got a good deal on the SA and went with that then I would say you did good. I guess in all honesty if we're going by the actual question posed by the OP which was an inquiry asking about the "BEST" choice for a 1911 in 9mm I would have to say that I recognize there are perhaps better options than the RIA but I still enjoy the one I have and have no regrets.

osbornk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Marion, Va
    I'll be the other un- manly man to mention I have an RIA in 9mm. Never had an issue with it.
    Mine is the fs tactical, so a little bigger than what you're looking at.
    I know I (and a few others) will get flamed for this....looking at you CM....j/k

I have exactly the same gun and it has also been flawless. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As I said, the RIA was my first choice, in either commander or officer size, but I fell into a decent price for my SA instead.
    Now I went and did it. I just got a pretty good deal on a SA 1911 9mm. I went with the RO Champion though. I still have the RIA Tac Compact. I'm gonna hang onto it. It's been a pretty good little shooter.

Top Bottom