• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    M&P Compact 22. 11 rounds in your face in 2 seconds. Stops em every time! Cheap to practice with. We don't live in Kabul and you will never do anything with your carry gun except kill paper. I live in reality not a fictional war zone.

No need to go that big....I learned a little trick from Davy Crockett...I just grin 'em death.....If that fails I scream like a little girl and go running in the opposite direction dropping twenty dollar bills behind me...Most criminals are more interested in money than killing folks and that will save you some scarce .22 ammo....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Really? $20s? That's way too much. Sure, some folks think the $20 is more effective than a $10, with fewer dollars needed over all to get the job done, but why not $5s. $20s just make you a bigger target.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Really? $20s? That's way too much. Sure, some folks think the $20 is more effective than a $10, with fewer dollars needed over all to get the job done, but why not $5s. $20s just make you a bigger target.

I just think Federal Note Capacity should be left up to the individual...I drop twenties because the law (as of now) allows me to carry a twenty dollar bill...Now one could argue that I don't NEED a twenty when a one, two, five, or ten could get the job done....I just feel better with the higher capacity bills...I know there are some guys that like the fifty and hundred ones for capacity but I have found that in this day and age the higher capacity bills just do not have the reliability of the twenty...

The twenty is just a good compromise bill...

IMHO

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    In threads like these, the OPs question had been answered long ago and he's probably been carrying whatever he decided on for close to 18 months now. The thread lives on regardless as more folks chime in with other ideas, not so much for the OP, but more in a general response to the title of the thread. This thread has the title 'Best Carry Gun', which is just the sort of thing that will live on as more and more people add input. Had it been called 'Should I get a G23 or PPQ?', it would have died long, long ago.

Now, in response to the thread title and not so much the OPs original question, I'd offer up the CZ P01 as a contender for best carry gun. Why? It's small enough to carry all day concealed and comfortable. It's accurate and reliable and point shoots very, very well. It has a great resale value should a person want to go in a different direction. With the new Omega triggers, it can be changed from a safety to decocker in minutes with no tools. There are lots of good holster options for it. Plus, the capacity can run as low as 14 round mags with the smaller baseplate to 17 or 18 round mags that fit beautifully with just a bit of added grip length. Also, with the NATO stock number as evidence of the tested performance, it can be trusted.

So, what other pistols would someone offer up as 'Best Carry Gun'?

oh I totally agree it's important to pick the gun that is right for you, however for me the only handgun I owned when I got my LTCH was a full size 1911, I carried it for a month or so until I got my glock 19. It really sucked but I did it.

in the last few years I've went from a 1911, to a gen 2 g19, then to a khar cm9, then back to a g19 this time a gen 4

the khar was comfortable to carry in the summer but it was uncomfortable for me because it wasn't enough firepower for me as a primary handgun. And as soon as I could get back into a 19 I did. For me I don't see a better option for concealed carry and will be sticking with the 19 from here on. And now I don't leave the house without it no exceptions. However if I was still only able to have a 1911 I would make sure I carried it everyday. And I would.

regardless of what gun you have you just need to make the decision of what's most important, being comfortable or carrying your gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My first handgun was a full size 1911 too, and I carried concealed in an IWB holster. My back was much younger then. Now days, a full size 1911 will give me a back ache in less than a half day of carry. Sometimes you just have to carry what you have.

Deereman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Greencastle
    For me it's how easy is it to conceal, comfortable, accurate, and reliable. Holster should be another big question on your mind. It's all how you want it to feel. My gun of preference and for my size I prefer a slim gun with just enough grip to get my pinky on solidly. Sometimes I have to as a pinky extension on mag. You hands will let you know. I love glocks but the double stacks are to fat for me to hide. I'd vote a single stack glock, or have you seen the xds? Sig has a nice 938 that's pretty sweet. It's small, compact, very accurate.

Jtrain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2016
    Fountain county
    Between the two the glock 23 gets my vote, but I rarely carry mine anymore since ii bought a shield, which i carry much more frequently then i ever did my glock

Top Bottom