• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    For the west side it's either Plainfield Shooting Supply or Premier Arms in Brownsberg. You could go South to TSG or Bradis as well. As mentioned already don't go to Don's or Pops. :twocents:

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    KS&E is my favorite to go and hang out and be entertained. They do not have lots of inventory but will order for you and almost always beat everyone else's prices.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The blunt truth is that there are no really "good" gun stores in the Indy area. There hasn't been for years. Indianapolis is probably the worst-served large city in the Midwest for firearms. There are, however, some that are more tolerable than others. I recommend taking a few Saturdays and getting out to see some of them. For most, one visit will be enough.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Wow. I'll just say that my experience does not line up with Jake46184.

I have bought firearms from Plainfield Shooting Supplies, I've bought reload material at Bradis, I've been to all of the others mentioned here at one time or another.

I really don't have any bad experiences.

I would also mention to stay close to and explore INGO.

I've discovered a couple of INGO related vendors and site supporters. I've taken classes from Profire Arms and Supply on reloading and I've bought primers from him. A really good guy that is focused on his customers. A good experience all the way around.

I took a class from Indy Gun Safety and have bought a firearm from them and taken a transfer through them as my FFL.

Both of the above are INGO advertisers and supporters that I probably wouldn't have discovered without INGO.

Of course, this place is like any other when it comes to asking for opinions. You will get some that like one shop, others don't. You can read enough to make up your own mind though.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Pop's prices are not that bad on some guns, but sometimes depending on who's working you may get the cold shoulder. The best prices I have found are generally at one of these places:

In my opinion, probably the biggest reason to avoid Pops is their apparent...how shall I say it...lackluster support of 2A rights while dealing with the local media.

Other members here can confirm or deny at their leisure.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    In my opinion, probably the biggest reason to avoid Pops is their apparent...how shall I say it...lackluster support of 2A rights while dealing with the local media.

Other members here can confirm or deny at their leisure.

Not just the media, they will flat out say it to customers. They feel "Joe Average" has no right to purchase, own, or use any firearm.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just going to jump in here and support basically what has already been said. The only two gun shops I wont do business with are Don's and Pop's.

The one's I do most of my business with are:

Plainfield Shooting Supplies
    Bradis
    Beech Grove
    Tactical Shotgunner
    Fort Liberty Firearms

All the shops I listed have superb customer service.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Weathers Gun Sales in Depauw! Bought a NIB M&P there for 525 and got a Kahr 9mm for 400 both with Lifetime full replacement warranty for the life of the gun!

Top Bottom