• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    There's a lot of quality holsters available. Just don't like the style and material of most I've seen photos of. I started buying holsters when you had a choice between leather or canvas. I just a traditionalist I guess because I like leather holsters. I have a couple of custom made Triple K's and El Paso custom mades. Both make some nice leather goods and neither are cheap.
    What it boils down to is personal preference. I'm not a quick-draw gun fighter, so I look more for comfort and concealment than for all the bells and whistles one needs to be competitive for fast paced pistol competition now days.
    I took a long look at Milt Spatks' holsters and belts. Fixing to order a M&P 9C so I might have to put in an order for a new IWB holster and belt from Mr. Sparks. As slow as Smith's are running now both might arrive at the same time.

Last edited:

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    Again everyone, appreciate all the advice.

Does anyone know anywhere in town that sells a good leather shoulder holster? I was at Gander Mountain this morning but no luck.

Thanks again.

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    Just wanted to post a quick update. I ordered my Milt, should get it sometime before 2023.

Also picked up a Galco VHS shoulder holster. It just showed up and I'm pretty impressed with the built quality. I'll give it a week or so of EDC before I write up a quick review.

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for their help.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My favorite holsters for 1911s and CZ 75s are the Kramer Scabbards in horsehide. They are expensive and take months to get, but I'm glad I have the ones I have. They keep the gun tucked in nice and tight and have proven very comfortable when carried on a good gun belt.

I did just get a $29 holster that I like a lot, but don't know how much I'll ever use. It's a reproduction of the WWII shoulder holster and, once adjusted, is quite comfortable. I did not really buy it to carry, but more to go with my 1911s.

Top Bottom