• ...and so much more!
  • markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    I am curious about the almost cult-like love for CZ's. :dunno:

Judging from the posts I've read on here, a lot of CZ owners are doing a lot of aftermarket stuff to them to make them better. Is that their appeal?

I haven't shot one, so maybe that's what I'm missing...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I am curious about the almost cult-like love for CZ's. :dunno:

Judging from the posts I've read on here, a lot of CZ owners are doing a lot of aftermarket stuff to them to make them better. Is that their appeal?

I haven't shot one, so maybe that's what I'm missing...

They're really quite nice out of the box. But with a bit of tinkering they can become spectacular, almost like a 1911. The CZ 75 is the #1 pistol in the world. US shooters are just now starting to figure out why.

JJM7288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Zionsville
    Glock 36 for me, fits my hands great, shoots well and reliable. Every recommendation made has the last two qualities I like about the G36, so the one that fits your hands is the best non 1911 .45.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    S&W 45 Shield; 3rd Gen S&W, XDS 45, whatever the small Glock number is...it is a long list without more criteria...Size? Some people can CCW a FN FNX 45 other people think a Shield is too big. Cost?

How about a 45 acp revolver?

Why 45? 45 is my favorite round but my everyday CCW is a Sig P938.

My EDC in this FNX 45 T, just wear a shirt 1 size bigger, never have an issue , 15 + 1 45 acp:)

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Any .45 is going to be difficult to conceal, but I`ve done ok with my Glock 30 in a DeSantis Cozy Partner IWB holster. You might have even better concealability with the Glock 36 since it`s a single stack mag.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you don't want the Glock, the P220 is where I'd look next. They are big and heavy, and lots of people tell me that big/heavy guns are hard to carry and conceal. I don't have that problem, and find the thinner guns to be easier than the thicker, regardless of length and weight. If you want a smaller package, the P220 compact or older P245 would also be a good choice, but you're at 6+1 without extended magazines.

I'm not a huge Glock fan, but I liked the Glock 36 and found it easier to shoot than some larger Glock offerings. Finger grooves matter to me, due to crooked fingers, and smaller guns and bigger guns have different groove placement.

It's tough for any of us to tell you what will work well for you, but Glock and Sig is where I'd start looking.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I have a 3rd Gen smith 4566 decocker only that I carry if I am not running my 1911. Very reliable heavy duty 45. with a little patience u can find them on gunbroker or if don't want to hunt one down the sig 220 elite is a nice 45 acp pistol as well.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Question for those who recommended a .45 Shield. I have shot the .40 shield and it takes a heck of a firm grip to control it enough for a fast 2nd and 3rd shot. Owning full sized pistols, I know that the .40 feels a little more intense than a .45acp. How controllable is the .45acp Shield?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Question for those who recommended a .45 Shield. I have shot the .40 shield and it takes a heck of a firm grip to control it enough for a fast 2nd and 3rd shot. Owning full sized pistols, I know that the .40 feels a little more intense than a .45acp. How controllable is the .45acp Shield?

I fired the .45 shield on one occasion. I was surprised by how well it shot. I am pretty recoil shy. I would not trade a 9mm shield for one but as far as subcompact .45s are concerned the Shield deserves consideration. I do not care for the Shield in .40.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The 3rd Gen Smiths are highly underrated by many, but a 4516 would be a nice conceal carry option. I have an XDS45 the works pretty good for me in appendix carry.

Top Bottom