• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hard to find an SKS in carbine length. Here's my SKS Paratrooper bought from Bradis around '93 for $139.00. Mine has a much shorter barrel than most SKS's.

271268621.jpg

My Hi-Point 995 9mm I paid $195 for it in '07. Much lighter and prefer it over the SKS. 10 round mags suck.

358408379.jpg

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    My choice would be the USGI M1 .30 Carbine. I've had the opportunity to fire one a few times and they are a hoot.

I have to agree, M1 carbines are a lot of fun. I had mine traded for a revolver and couldn't follow through because I couldn't locate the magazines I have for it, it may have been a blessing in disquise.

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'm gonna jump on the mini-14 band wagon. Love shooting it. Very accurate. Very loud compared to an AR for some reason.

ssblair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Elkhart County
    M1a Socom or M1a Scout (i have the scout) would be a choice in 308...
    +1 for this. :yesway:
    Scout has a slight edge over the SOCOM because it uses normal iron sights that can be upgraded better for distance work. The SOCOM's integrated muzzle brake/front sight is very imprecise, and the white stripe/tritium window gets crudded up with muzzle residue in short order, causing some funky illusions of where "center" is if you get any side lighting--but that's only if you want to use the irons...

Top Bottom