• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Striker fired, I'd look at H&K VP9.

TDA, Sig P226/P229 elite or Wilson Combat Beretta (maybe Langdon edition when it comes out.)

I don't know much about 9mm 1911s, but Dan Wesson consistently gets high marks.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Striker fired, I'd look at H&K VP9.

TDA, Sig P226/P229 elite or Wilson Combat Beretta (maybe Langdon edition when it comes out.)

I don't know much about 9mm 1911s, but Dan Wesson consistently gets high marks.

The more I know about the VP9, the more I'm glad I went with the Walther PPQ. But that's just me. It's the finest plastic pistol you can buy, IMO.

Metal frame I would be looking at CZ or Sig. Personally I like the feel of the CZ much better, but you'll have to see for yourself. I like Beretta 92's as well, but the safety is backwards to me.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    CZ75 or sp01. They are more affordable than a sig and if you like cocked and locked they rival a 1911 and if u want hammer down double action carry I believe they have a better da trigger than any other pistol period. I say this even though I am a fan of sig, beretta 92 and 96 and smith 3rd gen pistols. If u want a polymer alternative to glock I would go with smith m&p pro.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My favorite pistol is the Hi-Power, but a lot of guys with large hands don't like them because they bite. I like my CZ 75 compacts. You would probably really like the CZ 75B full size.
    IMG_20160622_175614446_zpsisdu1lid.jpg

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Sig P226, CZ 75, HK USP, M&P CORE's are really nice...

Heck, everyone has a different opinion, but these are some of the nicest shooting and best feeling pistols I've shot.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    If you are ever in the Avon/Brownsburg area and want to try more than a few 9mm's let me know. You bring the ammo and I'll bring some guns for you to try (including some Glocks). A few of my favorites are the VP9LE, SIG P320 and Walther PPQ. I even have a Canik which will surprise you!
    Dan

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll add another vote for the CZ family of guns. The 75B, 85B or 75BD are fantastic steel framed guns. If you like poly guns, check out a CZ P09. It's a sweet shooting 19+1 full size 9mm with a rail. One of the best deals around right now are the surplus 75Bs available through a couple of places. I bought one earlier this summer and refinished it myself with Duracoat, refreshed all springs, did a bit of internal polish work and added night sights and VZ Carbon Fiber grips. I'm still under $500 for a gun that will run with guns that cost double that and this guns looks great too. If you do go that route though, do a thorough pre-acceptance inspection, as there have been the occasional dog coming through with cracked frames. If you go through Buds and discover that before accepting it, it's no big deal. They'll either refund or replace, but if you discover that later, there's no guarantee that you'll come out whole. They'll do what they can, but it's much easier if you do a good pre-acceptance inspection.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom