• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    You guys are snobs. I've got less than $500 in my Franken-build, and I shot a beer can @ 50 yards behind my trailer. I've ran 200 rounds through it so far without a hiccup.

:laugh:

9253c5b2e9520394d06ef32b9764c42b71939dc83beca8333814a4bbed6265ab.jpg

kml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    That is a great price for the DD. If it's in your price range I can't see it not meeting your needs.

I have an M4V7 and have no complaints at all. The only ARs I own are the DDM4V7 and an AAC MPW. So no hands on with any of the other brands you mentioned. I have cleaned / fondled more M16s and M4s than I care to remember and both the DD and AAC meet or exceed the quality of those IMHO.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I wouldn't get too serious about it taking in consideration what you'll be using it for. Would be different if you were going war with it though. I made the mistake of buying a $1000 factory AR as my first one. I quickly learned I could've had the same money in a rifle with a nice rail system on it and stock of my choice and muzzle device of my choice and didn't have to sacrifice quality where it counts. Like the barrel and BCG. I've never bought another factory rifle; built the 4 I have now and they run just fine for I do with them

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I would jump on that DD in a heatbeat. I got my DD upper for about $800 and that was 3-4 years ago
    Its been a great rifle and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Rock River Arms. Love their trigger, better out of the box than anything else I've owned and that's more than a few.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    If your looking for a good varmint rifle why dont you look into a 20 inch upper model? I would think that you would get a bit better performance from the 5.56, it may be a tad longer and a tad heavier, but I love my 20 inch rifle. :):

Edit, for some reason i didnt see the comment where he said he got the DD. lol

Last edited:

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Lot of good options in that price range....Daniel Defense I think could be had as stated and I would back that....I'd back a vote for Spikes....I'd back a vote for a Sig as well.

LukeDuke25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    World Traveler
    I bought a Del-Ton Echo about 3 years ago for $699. I removed the front sight post, installed a midwest industries 14'' rail, vortex strikefire, and a few magpul additions, nothing glamorous. It has been 100% reliable for thousands of rounds. I have done a few trainings with it, and really put it to its limits with dirt/heat etc and it keeps going. Safe to say I have under $1000 in it, and it has performed in trainings where much more expensive options had issues. I'm not saying other mid-price range rifles like DD aren't worth it, just giving my experience with a less expensive option.

Top Bottom