• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    No question here - a 4" .357 magnum revolver because when the SHTF you could still find ammo anywhere in .38 special or .357 magnum and no automatic anything has the reliability of a good revolver like a S&W or Ruger. My 2 cents worth.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Realistically, the best SHTF gun is one that you own, know how to shoot well, know how to maintain and one that you have spares for. Any gun will possibly fail or wear if in a harsh environment for an extended time and if you don't have the part to fix it, it's useless.

How many of us have spare disconnectors, sears, springs or firing pins? I'd say: The best SHTF gun is one that you are committed to. Committed enough to become skilled in it's use and committed enough that you buy spare parts for. Few SHTF scenarios contain a stocked gun shop with skilled gunsmiths waiting to fix your gun.

jonboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    After holding both a glock and an m&p compact at a LGS I think I am leaning toward the m&p40c with a 9mm barrel and mags the glock felt too chunky in my hand

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    After holding both a glock and an m&p compact at a LGS I think I am leaning toward the m&p40c with a 9mm barrel and mags the glock felt too chunky in my hand

Good choice. I have both a Glock and M&P. Smith and Wesson did a good job with the overall size and ergonomics of the M&P pistol. It strikes a nice balance of size and weight. Especially the compact model.

Top Bottom