• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Bill Maher on Jay Leno discussing his viewpoints on the 2nd Amendment and gun owners. The stupidity in this video is amazing. It starts around 1:50 mark. Discuss.

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno - Bill Maher, Part 2 (1/11/11) - Video - NBC.com

Some memorable quotes, from Bill Maher; from the transcript, for those that cannot watch the video:

First of all, the NRA should just change their name to the Assassin's Lobby, because that's what they are.

I'm so tired of hearing about the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution. If you love guns, just admit it like it's a vice. It's like alcohol or drugs or sex addiction or gambling. It's just a vice. It's something you like. It's not good for you or anybody else. You just like it; but stop the b---s--- about the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution because nobody needs, nobody needs a gun that fires 31 rounds. That's what this guy had, although Sarah Palin needed 5 to shoot that moose that was basically on the end of the couch.

here's a much bigger issue which is the psychology of this country which loves guns. It's just a very armed country with a lot of crazy people, which is not a great combination.

And somebody also should tell all these people, these NRA types who think it's great to be armed everywhere - Arizona has one of the loosest gun rules in the country. You can, I think, carry any weapon concealed without a permit. They want every drunk in a bar to be armed in case a fight breaks out.

And these guys always think that, you know, it's great to have a gun, because if some bad stuff goes down, I'll be able to stop the bad guy. This is your fantasy, a--hole. You would never be able to do that. People have to be trained for months and months at a time. They have to really know what's going on to be able to stop something like that. If that really happened, they would probably freeze up and shoot the wrong person. So let's stop that fantasy also.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Bill Maher can go to hell. He fits the term "psuedo-intellectual" perfectly. People think he's smart because he's sarcastic. He's just as dumb as every other Hollywood big mouth.

dodmarti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I like Bill Maher. I think for the most part he's pretty funny. Some of what he said is on point in my view. After all, when was the last time a liberal went ape **** and shot a bunch of people?

I'm not saying that all conservative gun owners are crazy and about to fly off the handle and go on a shooting spree. The vast majority of conservative gun owners just want to be able to protect themselves, their families and their property.

Having said that, however, there is a minority on the far right that is very vocal about "second amendment remedies" to political issues. It's this type of language and it's pervasiveness in our current political discourse that gives these lunatics that idea that its "time" to use violence to "take America back".

I think its time to dial back this kind of language and get back to solving our political differences through dialogue and coming to reasonable policy positions that both sides can agree on. Just my two cents.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I like Bill Maher. I think for the most part he's pretty funny. Some of what he said is on point in my view. After all, when was the last time a liberal went ape **** and shot a bunch of people?

When was the last time a conservative went nuts and shot everybody? Maher is a famous idiot that interviews other famous idiots about their warped political views. Afterall, Richard Belzer reads newspapers, he knows more about the Iraq War than all the troops that were there.

I'm not saying that all conservative gun owners are crazy and about to fly off the handle and go on a shooting spree. The vast majority of conservative gun owners just want to be able to protect themselves, their families and their property.

Having said that, however, there is a minority on the far right that is very vocal about "second amendment remedies" to political issues. It's this type of language and it's pervasiveness in our current political discourse that gives these lunatics that idea that its "time" to use violence to "take America back".

You need to research the intent behind the 2nd Amendment.

I think its time to dial back this kind of language and get back to solving our political differences through dialogue and coming to reasonable policy positions that both sides can agree on. Just my two cents.

Loughner was a nut. His political views that he has posted are incoherent. I don't think you understand that he was not a "Right Wing Extremist"

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.

There wouldn't be talk about "2nd amendment remedies" if the government would follow the Constitution. Political rhetoric didn't cause this.

The code of conduct on this forum prohibits me from saying my true feelings about Bill Maher.

dodmarti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Almost every single night in Indy... They just generally do it 1-2 at a time.

Really? I bet I could go ask everyone one of the hundreds my clients that have been charged with firearms related offenses and could confirm that none of them were politically motivated.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Really? I bet I could go ask everyone one of the hundreds my clients that have been charged with firearms related offenses and could confirm that none of them were politically motivated.

You didn't say anything about being politically motivated, you asked about liberals shooting people. It's going on all over the country... Ask them how many of them voted McCain/Palin.

ObamaShirtMugShots.jpg

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009

Another troll checks in.:rolleyes:

dodmarti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I'm just sharing my opinion. That makes me a troll? I think you guys, are for the most part, are to bound in "group think". Having other opinions and perspectives gives everyone something to think about and discuss. :)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The left wingers have killed many people (and yes the current dirtbag in question was described by a friend as a dope smoking liberal). Remember the Unabomber? Remember when the tree huggers were putting spikes in timber to kill the loggers? Remember the attacks on researchers that used animals for testing?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Bill Maher is a Statist. He is occasionally correct about a few issues but his overall worldview revolves around government controlling our lives.

By the way, Jared Loughner was not a conservative. His favorite books included the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf. I think the best assessment is to just realize that he was simply a nutjob.

Keeping blame where it belongs

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm just sharing my opinion. That makes me a troll? I think you guys, are for the most part, are to bound in "group think". Having other opinions and perspectives gives everyone something to think about and discuss. :)

Mahrer is just another blow-hard like Olberman, who think their "superior intellect" makes them better than everyone. Wouldn't surprise me if both were raised only by women...

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    WOW, what a jerk. He's a racist...remove the words "NRA type" and insert any other racist word and that segment could start a war. Probably won't even be mentioned by media outlets.

Top Bottom