• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    It is quite amusing that I can legally carry my 9mm, my. 380 and my ar15 around. But if I get stopped with a switchblade or a longsword in public I can get in trouble.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    If this passes I'm getting a Benchmade Infidel, I don't care what my wife says!!!

If your entertaining the idea of an OTF auto, I strongly urge you to take a look at Microtech OTF autos, they are 10x the quality of the Benchmade Infidel. :twocents:
    BTW: I'm a direct dealer for both Benchmade and Microtech.:cool:

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    It is quite amusing that I can legally carry my 9mm, my. 380 and my ar15 around. But if I get stopped with a switchblade or a longsword in public I can get in trouble.

There is nothing illegal about carrying a sword in Indiana because there is no blade length laws for the state of Indiana, I'm not saying you won't get questioned if you are walking down the street with a sword, but your not breaking any Indiana laws.

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    i too am all for repeal of silly laws, but is this really what we have come to at the state house? dont we have REAL issues to ge too first?

might just be me but?

I'm all for the repeal of all silly, stupid, and unnecessary laws.
    We don't have too many compared to most other States
    but still have far too many. So this is a good start.

Not the end, but a darn good start.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    THROWING STARS
    Many have brought them up but no one offers a solution. Here goes:
    Small circular saw blades like the ones in handheld rechargeable saws work VERY well, even better than stars IMO. Just sayin'.

BOKER makes some nice autos and there is a S&W auto that hides the button in a clever way that I've been eyeing down in GA...

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    stupid law anyway. As a tweenager, I bought one in the middle of the street in front of the police station during the strawberry festival.

Of course i lost it in a tragic boating accident once I learned I shouldn't have one.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm not saying you won't get questioned if you are walking down the street with a sword, but your not breaking any Indiana laws.

I walked down the street with eith a Chen training dao or a pair of baat jaam dao before, no problems. Of course, I'm not breaking any laws by doing so so no big deal.

I hope everyone spreads the word about SB006. Anytime you can repeal a silly law we should jump at the opportunity.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There is nothing illegal about carrying a sword in Indiana because there is no blade length laws for the state of Indiana, I'm not saying you won't get questioned if you are walking down the street with a sword, but your not breaking any Indiana laws.

Correct in that there are no STATE knife laws...

But certain jurisdictions do indeed have blade length laws.

-J-

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Correct in that there are no STATE knife laws...

But certain jurisdictions do indeed have blade length laws.

-J-

I did say "state laws". Since you brought up the possibility of local laws/ordinances, I would like to know what cities and towns in Indiana have blade length laws/ordinances. I have heard that Brownsberg and Avon have local ordinances on blade length, but I can't confirm this. Do any of you know of any other towns/cities in Indiana that have a blade length ordinance. This sure would be useful information.

Top Bottom