• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    If your entertaining the idea of an OTF auto, I strongly urge you to take a look at Microtech OTF autos, they are 10x the quality of the Benchmade Infidel. :twocents:
    BTW: I'm a direct dealer for both Benchmade and Microtech.:cool:

I am entertaining the idea if the law passes. I will take a look at the micro-techs though as I have seen several I love!

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I would sure like to be able to replace the autos I lost in the horrific boating accident of '02 on lake Monroe back before I knew that autos were Illegal in Indiana. I have had an itch for a Tuxedo Don like the one in my profile pic for a good while now. It would sure be nice to be able to buy one legaly....:shady:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I bet Brad is just salivating thinking about all of us INGO nuts that will be all over him if this passes! Better stock up!

Because I do shows in states were autos are perfectly legal, I have plenty of stock. :D

Yea, He'd be driving a new Mercedes within a week.

Nope, just a new set of tires for my old beater truck. :):

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I would sure like to be able to replace the autos I lost in the horrific boating accident of '02 on lake Monroe back before I knew that autos were Illegal in Indiana. I have had an itch for a Tuxedo Don like the one in my profile pic for a good while now. It would sure be nice to be able to buy one legaly....:shady:

That pic looks more like a Protech Godson or Godfather model than a Don model. Protech Don models don't have pocket clips.

whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    I am so used to having a knife in my pocket that I have forgot and had one on me in Chicago??? This summer I had my knife on me at Willis/Sears Tower and at a WhiteSocks Game..Not smart..The last few trips I left my blade at home..I felt so naked..Chicago over 18 blades must be less than 2.5" and under 18 less than 2".

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    details, details:dunno:... guess I will just have to add the godfather and godson to my list as well.

Here is a pic of the Protech Don model.

ProtechDon.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I always though it was stupid to ban "switch blades" anyway. Same with brass knuckles.

Agreed on first point. But I don't see anywhere in the IC where "brass knuckles" are also verboten.

On the subject of the thread: I heard back from my state Senator. Below is the message I sent him and then his reply.

Senator Walker,

I've just recently learned of a bill introduced that "Removes a provision that makes it a Class B misdemeanor for a person to manufacture, possess, display, offer, sell, lend, give away, or purchase any knife with a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, device containing gas, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife."

Senator Walker, I whole heartedly urge you to support thislegislation.

The current law banning such devices was knee-jerk reaction in the first place. It, like a few other goofy laws on the books, needs to go.

Automatically opening knives are already legal in several other states.

Also, it makes ZERO sense that I, as a Hoosier citizen in good standing (proper person) can own as many firearms as I can afford. And I, again, as a proper person, can carry a handgun upon my person with my Indiana LTCH. Should I desire and be able to afford it, I could even 100% legally own machine guns in this great state of Indiana.

But, for no good reason, automatically opening knives are outlawed. It's asinine given the above.

Please, Senator, support this bill!

Respectfully,

Indy_Guy_77
    Greenwood

vvvvvvvvvvv

Mr. Indy_Guy_77,

I agree the regulation of the 'tool' makes no sense, when we already have laws governing aggression against innocent persons. I do not think this bill is received warmly, and cannot speculate on whether I get an opportunity to vote for the measure, but if I do I will.

Respectfully,
    Greg Walker

And there you have it.

Top Bottom