Binkley's in Broad Ripple-Armed Robbery-What Would You Do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Just completed my look into 19 cases of citizens vs criminals. Resistance against single attacker had a 80% success rate. Multiple attackers dipped to 50% success rate. Average rounds fired actually dropped, due to citizen running out of time before ammo

How did you define success?

To throw another another wrinkle into the armchair quarterbacking, what if another unrelated patron draws on the bad guys. Do you join in, seek cover, how do you keep random good guy from seeing you with a gun and not shooting you?

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    How did you define success?

To throw another another wrinkle into the armchair quarterbacking, what if another unrelated patron draws on the bad guys. Do you join in, seek cover, how do you keep random good guy from seeing you with a gun and not shooting you?

Once an engagement has occured, regardless of who started it, I believe the choice has been made for you and you should defend yourself and others. I really wouldn't worry about the other good guy shooting me since I'm not directing my fire at him. And, since someone else has made the decision to engage the robbers, the situation has turned in your favor since the robbers attention will be on the other defender and you might have the opportunity to take one of them out before they realize you are a threat.

However, like I stated before, this is all easier said than done. It's easy to evaluate the situation after the fact. :)

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    It looks as though those involved with the Binkley's robbery are continuing to rob other businesses. There were three that robbed a Steak n Shake this morning on the East side in the same manner as Binkley's. So far, they haven't met any resistance.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Well fellas, here is something that I have not heard anyone address. My question to the "wait and see" guys is this, If you are open carrying will you react or just do what you are told and comply? I think if you comply, you will not only give up your money, you will also be giving the bad guys your gun and maybe you life. I think a lot of people that open carry should think about that. You may not have the choice to "wait and see".

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Well fellas, here is something that I have not heard anyone address. My question to the "wait and see" guys is this, If you are open carrying will you react or just do what you are told and comply? I think if you comply, you will not only give up your money, you will also be giving the bad guys your gun and maybe you life. I think a lot of people that open carry should think about that. You may not have the choice to "wait and see".

I open carry most of the time and this situation has made me rethink my position. I'm not sure what I am going to do in the future. I'm with you, it's possible that if your weapon was seen, it may cost you your life if you chose to not react. I'll have to wait for some more opinions. Maybe someone has thought this through enough to have more options for me to consider. Maybe our LEO's have some good ideas.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If you are OCing and a situation reveals itself and you are "noticed", man the **** up. You have already committed by OCing in the first place so you'd better finish the job because if you don't, you will die a p**** and your grave will be spit on.

Are people really OCing just to look cool? Posers? Stop It!

If you don't want to get involved and think you'll be better as a witness then leave your guns at home or just sell them entirely. Really, who carries a gun knowing they won't pull it because they want to wait and see how the "situation" will play itself out? :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

An armed security guard was disarmed in a robbery in Indianapolis this week. Two suspects ran into the store with guns already drawn and immediately confronted the guard. They disarmed the guard, robbed the business, and left.

It's real tough to manage multiple suspects. It's even harder without surprise and the ability to try for tactical advantage/ambush situation before starting your resist.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    An armed security guard was disarmed in a robbery in Indianapolis this week. Two suspects ran into the store with guns already drawn and immediately confronted the guard. They disarmed the guard, robbed the business, and left.

It's real tough to manage multiple suspects. It's even harder without surprise and the ability to try for tactical advantage/ambush situation before starting your resist.
    I'm not talking about an armed guard that the suspects knew was there, I'm asking about sitting at a table and not being noticed..... yet.

Top Bottom