• ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    10 hrs roughly, 1 way. Not too bad.

Where does most ppl try and stay down there? Which hotel?
    the Waverly is connected to the event, and where a lot of us are staying, and on Thursday night, the USN has their "Pit" in the lobby, that runs most of the weekend I do believe. I will also be at the USN table Sunday at 0900 if any USN'ers or Indiana members want to come by.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    10 hrs roughly, 1 way. Not too bad.

Where does most ppl try and stay down there? Which hotel?

The Waverly hotel is connect to the Cobb Galleria Centre, but is by far the most expensive to stay at. There are about a half a dozen hotels that are giving special rates for the show and most of them are within walking distance. Below is a link to the hotels associated with the show. You can make your reservations on line through this page to get the show rates.

2014 Blade Show: Atlanta, Georgia

Note: We are staying at the Wingate Inn. It's a nice hotel but not as fancy as the Waverly or the Sheraton Galleria Suites (I have stayed at both of these in past years), but it is considerably less money.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The Waverly is convenient. Get trashed, bam, hotel is pretty close and you don't have to walk across Atlanta traffic at 1am or worry about a cab ride. Besides that, IMO, WAY overpriced.

No fridge in the room, have to pay for internet, no free happy hour, no free breakfast. Not 1 damn thing.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The Waverly is convenient. Not 1 damn thing.
    Convenience is a lot cheaper than the alternative in ATL, (ie, mugging, cab costs, etc.). The not 1 thing for me isn't quite true, I get an a$$load of Marriott Rewards, and this stay takes me up another level. Not important to so e, but to me very worth the price.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Convenience is a lot cheaper than the alternative in ATL, (ie, mugging, cab costs, etc.). The not 1 thing for me isn't quite true, I get an a$$load of Marriott Rewards, and this stay takes me up another level. Not important to so e, but to me very worth the price.

I'd rather walk the two blocks to the show and save over $125.00 for the room that has a fridge (not that I will use it) and have a free breakfast buffet (it's not a skimpy buffet either) and save more money not having to buy breakfast for three mornings. Just more money I can spend on a knife....I'm cheap like that. :)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Blade is in, how do I say this......."a classy part of Atlanta".

That being said too, Georgia recognizes our carry license and I don't walk alone at night either.

I've stayed at the Waverly and thought it was WAY overpriced, and I was even staying with a cop so I wasn't even paying full price for the room and thought I got more bang for my buck at a motel 8 in BFE

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Blade is in, how do I say this......."a classy part of Atlanta".

That being said too, Georgia recognizes our carry license and I don't walk alone at night either.

I've stayed at the Waverly and thought it was WAY overpriced, and I was even staying with a cop so I wasn't even paying full price for the room and thought I got more bang for my buck at a motel 8 in BFE

........and then there was the INGO member (to remain nameless) that was planning on sleeping in his car the whole time, until I offered him floor space in my hotel room. :):

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    ........and then there was the INGO member (to remain nameless) that was planning on sleeping in his car the whole time, until I offered him floor space in my hotel room. :):

Haha, that's true. Drove 9 hours, spent a couple hours at Blade show, slept in your room which if I recall right he was complaining about the floor being slanted so he would get a hell of a head rush, then drove back home.

Got to love him......I guess

:)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Haha, that's true. Drove 9 hours, spent a couple hours at Blade show, slept in your room which if I recall right he was complaining about the floor being slanted so he would get a hell of a head rush, then drove back home.

Got to love him......I guess

:)

Yep...he is one of a kind....got to love him. The floor was not slanted, but after 20 plus beers at the Busse dinner that night, I'm sure it seemed that way to him. Snored like two Stihl chainsaws at full throttle...needless to say, I didn't get much sleep Saturday night. :):

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    This nameless person you guys talk about sounds like a hell of a guy. I'd like to party with him :)

In my defense. I'm a infantry soldier and I have slept in a lot ****tier places than the back of the car and that freaking floor was slanted damn it. Mark I stayed for all 3 days of it though and I partied like a rock star with all my favorite knife makers.

Grunt out!

ps thanks again brad for the slanted floor to sleep on. It was appreciated.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yep...he is one of a kind....got to love him. The floor was not slanted, but after 20 plus beers at the Busse dinner that night, I'm sure it seemed that way to him. Snored like two Stihl chainsaws at full throttle...needless to say, I didn't get much sleep Saturday night. :):

The guy I stay with is the same, has sleep apnea, I've had half a fifth a night and pass out drunker than a skunk and he still manages to wake me up. It's aweful.

Mark I stayed for all 3 days of it though and I partied like a rock star with all my favorite knife makers.

Yes you did, and you were WAY louder than normal. We were both hurting that year. Eat once a day (at night), drink the rest of the time, etc.

You did introduce me to the first Horton folder I ever held that year

Top Bottom