• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    He's not lying, he would only show us pictures in person! Now, about these South African knives...when can we meet?

Brad is going to become a dealer for Andre? That would be sweet, then gen 3 Butchers are awesome, and mini Butchers rock too.

I traded into a prototype that had some issues, Andre was very helpful and wanted to take it back home with him so he could rebuild it since the original owner fu**** a couple things up on it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I was 1 number shy on the first RJ Martin lottery, my friend standing next to me one first pick (RJ handed our cards to us at the same time, RJ rigged the lottery for him ;) ), and was by another winner.

Then I was by you for the Carrey lottery.

I was around all sorts of luck, but I didn't get jack in lotteries :(

Didn't even enter the production Hinderer market this year, can't believe what an extra CNC machine can do
    Sheesh, we hang out with the same folks! The guy I took as a shill last year, won a production Hinderer lottery. The guys I sat next to at the Emerson lottery(Brad, Joe, and Dean), well, out of 3, Dean won, Brad and Dean left, and since they were gone, Joe left too! 5 minutes later, Joe was a winner! I went SPECIFICALLY FOR THE EMERSON lottery, and Dean won, and was amazed. Joe also "won", but was absent, and if I weren't wearing a name tag I woulda been "Joe" for a picture, shot, and a knife! May as well not go next year, but, the PIT is fabulous, if you can stay awake long enough, and I still had plenty of fun!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As a side note, there needs to be a website titled, "The People of Georgia Walmarts!" On our return trip, we passed a Toyota Corolla, with what had to be a 35" MT tire and wheel strapped to the roof, if that wasn't enough, when my driver sped up for me to get a pic, we saw that he also had the other three inside with him IN the car!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    He's not lying, he would only show us pictures in person! Now, about these South African knives...when can we meet?

The only reason I didn't bring it to the pit that night, is because I was afraid someone might make me an offer I couldn't refuse. This year, Peter Carey was one of the three makers I was looking to buy, along with Mayo and Rexford.

You have my number.....call me when you think you have time to meet.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Brad is going to become a dealer for Andre? That would be sweet, then gen 3 Butchers are awesome, and mini Butchers rock too.

I traded into a prototype that had some issues, Andre was very helpful and wanted to take it back home with him so he could rebuild it since the original owner fu**** a couple things up on it.

I had a meeting with Andre at the show, and I'm now a direct dealer with ADV Tactical. I brought back 10 of Andre's knives....some mid tech and some custom models.

It seems in the knife world most makers and people associated with the business are genuinely nice and good people. Andre was no different, he really took the time to understand my business and explain how he operates. and even hooked me up right on the spot. I'm looking forward in doing business with him.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Sheesh, we hang out with the same folks! The guy I took as a shill last year, won a production Hinderer lottery. The guys I sat next to at the Emerson lottery(Brad, Joe, and Dean), well, out of 3, Dean won, Brad and Dean left, and since they were gone, Joe left too! 5 minutes later, Joe was a winner! I went SPECIFICALLY FOR THE EMERSON lottery, and Dean won, and was amazed. Joe also "won", but was absent, and if I weren't wearing a name tag I woulda been "Joe" for a picture, shot, and a knife! May as well not go next year, but, the PIT is fabulous, if you can stay awake long enough, and I still had plenty of fun!

It hurt just a bit more when we told Joe that his named was pulled at the Emerson lottery and he just shrugged and said " no big deal it's just a ******* Emerson" :):

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I had a meeting with Andre at the show, and I'm now a direct dealer with ADV Tactical. I brought back 10 of Andre's knives....some mid tech and some custom models.

It seems in the knife world most makers and people associated with the business are genuinely nice and good people. Andre was no different, he really took the time to understand my business and explain how he operates. and even hooked me up right on the spot. I'm looking forward in doing business with him.

When I traded into my Butcher I had to wait a week to do the deal (FTF at Blade) so I researched it a lot, and read a lot of hit or miss things about Andre so I was skeptical.

My proto had bad lock lock, really bad. I showed it to him before the show started cause I didn't want to have a lot of people see that and cause it would be more 1 on 1. He agreed it was terrible and that the first gens had issues. He'd only been making midtechs for a year the Gen 3s are better designs than the 1s and 2s, etc. He replaced my pivot at the show (snapped off the grub screw) and it cured the lock rock but it had 80% stiff lock up so he just said that he'd rebuild it and even though all the issues was caused by the first owner being stupid, the knife and his work was covered under warranty and said he's pay return shipping (from South Africa)

He seemed humble and excited about his knives. I love some of the customs and the mini Butchers are bad ass. I like the blade grind of the proto with the fuller but the new grinds look good too and I like the flat grind on the new ones compared to the hollow of the proto. Only bad thing, prices are higher than last year but those could have been introductory prices.

Those hunters he's starting to make seem to be a great bang for the buck, should be a great slicer

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Assuming they do it the same next year....

First thing on Friday morning there will be a hog trough. They'll have the booth chained off and the counter covered with yellow table cloths. They'll announce what's going on and what the first trough discount is. This is only for the first trough grab. When the hog trough is ready to begin they'll remove the cloths and move the chains. It's grab what you can until the dust settles. It'll be a large variety of a LOT of awesome knives.

After the hog trough they'll make an announcement saying when the next offering will be. When it's time for the offering we show up and let the fun begin. One of the guys or girls gets up on the podium and they start bring them out. It's a complete surprise. They may have 3 or 20 of that certain offering. They'll tell us the price and then the show price. They throw the cards out and the hog warfare begins. After it's all over they'll announce when the next offering will be.

After an offering you are able to go up and handle the knives you caught cards for. You do not have to purchase them then. If you decide you want it or may want it you can have them put in a box for you. As of this year all boxes had to be gone through and closed out by the end of the day Saturday. If not the knives were removed and made available for the last offering on Sunday.

Feel free to ask any more questions you have.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    That's how Busse Combat does things, their methods have become quite neutered over the years.

Other makers, they have a "lottery" for their knives. You swing my their booth (RJ Martin, Horton, Hinderer, Begg, whoever) and put your name on a card. At a specific time they draw the names out of the bin (or a computer if that's how they entered it) and if your name was drawn, you can buy whatever knife is on the table. Some use the "beep beep" lottery where they send you a text but IMO that system sucks because the reception in the Cobb Galleria blows and you might not receive the text. I got picked in the Hinderer lottery in 2014 and never got a text, only way I knew I was drawn was a friend walked past the booth and saw my name.

Top Bottom