• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so i'm thinking a BOB might be a good idea. I see that LAPG has 3 day packs for $29.99. as for supplies like first aid and food,, etc , should I go the kit route or just buy piece by piece? are any websites better than others?

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    IMO I think you'll be better off piecing it together. Most med kits have tons of useless junk that you won't need in a bug out bag. Plus piecing it together gives you more hands on time with your supplies, which means that you'll know your bag more intimately.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    where to start? SKILLS!!!!!!! everything else is crap without the skills to carry you through. this is mentally and physically.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

You could have saved yourself a ton of $$$'s and made two and it would have contained far more than that.

In my opinion pre made survival bags are nothing but pure profit for the maker and do not contain nearly enough items to survive for their stated times or have items that can at minimal a 12 hour bag.

The first thing I did after picking a pack was to buy a REAL wool blanket, it will keep you warm even when it gets wet, then built around it.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Sounds like you need to write down, and/or read some more and then get started! Lot of good reading on this site and most is good common sense. Get the 5 main things covered, and add as you can afford. When you have a few items catch a training class and you will be really happy you read ahead of time. Water, shelter, fire, food, survive.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    hey LP, i recently purchased la police gear 3day pack and can tell first hand it is a great pack and i wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. so far i have used it on several day hikes, with varying loads, and it has been quite comfortable. the four compression straps allow you to adjust the pack according to your load. IMHO you cant beat it for $30. even at $60-$70 it would be worth the money. just my :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I can second the LA Police Gear pack. Bought 2 myself and they are very well proportioned for their size. Think bigger than an Army assault pack, but smaller than a large Army rucksack. 2 zippered pockets on the outside and molle slots all around, also has compression straps top n bottom on both sides, waist belt and shouldr harness chest strap. I was very pleased and you can't beat the price!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i gave into the pressure and ordered one of LAPG's 3 day packs. I suppose now I will have to begin assembling supplies. :)

i think the first thing will be a water bladder of some kind and a blanket. are camel-bak bladders good?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom