Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    What proof is your bottle?
    I have 4 right now.
    128.6, 129.1, 128.4, and 130.1

It's been a while since I have had a drink of Bookers. I would rather keep their higher proofs sealed and enjoy the lower proof stuff... That is just me though.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I recently took a "Guys Only" trip to the UP for some ice climbing, someone brought a bottle of Bookers...now normally Im a Vodka kind of guy, but the Bookers in my opinion was terrible! No offense but it was harsh!
    Another guy brought some Crown Cask 16, I thought that was so much smoother and better tasting than the Bookers.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I recently took a "Guys Only" trip to the UP for some ice climbing, someone brought a bottle of Bookers...now normally Im a Vodka kind of guy, but the Bookers in my opinion was terrible! No offense but it was harsh!
    Another guy brought some Crown Cask 16, I thought that was so much smoother and better tasting than the Bookers.

HA! Sissy vodka drinker :lmfao:

HTFU

:D

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Bookers is okay, not my favorite Its good bourbon but expensive. If any of you bourbon drinkers havent tried it already, give Backbone uncut a try. Its made in Indiana and quite tasty

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    but...... it can't be bourbon........

It isnt a requirement that all bourbon has to be made in Kentucky. There may be another reason that it's not bourbon, but that isnt one of them.

Never tried Backbone but I would if I run across it in a bar, LDI makes some good stuff. Bookers is excellent with a splash of water. I believe in enjoying all whiskies that I purchase... why not drink the higher proof Bookers, there may be something you are missing out on enjoying compared to the lower proof bottles.

Last edited:

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    The amount and type of grains used and the length of aging and type of barrel it aged in are part of it being bourbon. You can make and bottle it anywhere.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Crown Cask 16 is almost 2 times the cost of Bookers as well. Yes it is smoother and not nearly as harsh...

I like Cask 16 and Crown XR while we are at it... but Bookers is still pretty good stuff... You have to keep in mind it's unfiltered as well.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i am a self professesd Boubon snob.....try some Blanton's. I have tried most of them all and this one is one of the best for the money:twocents:

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    <<<<<<< Never met Bourbon he didn't like!!! But is also a poor boy, and usually does not get to enjoy the higher priced selections. I would say that I enjoy some Very Old Barton as much as Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve and others.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    i am a self professesd Boubon snob.....try some Blanton's. I have tried most of them all and this one is one of the best for the money:twocents:

I'll second the Blantons. I picked up a bottle a few years ago because the way it looked. Very good, smooth and nice warm buzz.

imgres

My mainstays are Makers Mark and the Makers 46.

Top Bottom