• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    LMAO Idk about the pink one... although that might keep people at the factory from coming into the john while I'm taking a leak...

But man, those Izula's look awesome! I looked on their site and they don't have a boot clip sheath though. They have one for the ESEE-3, and a regular sheath for the Izula, but no clip on it nor one that would fit it. Any ideas for a boot clip if I go with the Izula?

If you buy the Izula kit it will come with a boot/belt clip that attaches to the sheath. With the kit you get a fire starter, whistle, paracord and a lot of hardware for multiple carry options. If you buy just the Izula, it comes with just a sheath and you can buy the boot/belt clip attachment separately.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Bonus points if you buy the pink one.

LMAO Idk about the pink one... although that might keep people at the factory from coming into the john while I'm taking a leak...

But man, those Izula's look awesome! I looked on their site and they don't have a boot clip sheath though. They have one for the ESEE-3, and a regular sheath for the Izula, but no clip on it nor one that would fit it. Any ideas for a boot clip if I go with the Izula?

Pink is the new camo!!! One thing about pink, if you happen to leave your pink knife laying around at work, the odds of someone (your buddies and coworkers) helping themselves to it is less likely.:):

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I bought mine when they first came out, and I think black was all that was available. If I had it to do over again, I would have bought something brighter. Those toxic greens ones are pretty cool too.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    The 3 does come with boot clip but it is plastic. The Izula only comes with the clip if you buy the kit or buy the clip seperately of which I have all of the above in stock.:D Just let me know which way you would like to move forward on this. I am very flexible on how long to hold your items until payment is made.;)

Yes sir Grunt I got your awesome PM :yesway: and have answered it.

Last edited:

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I bought the ESEE 3 at the last 1500 show from the knife lady for EXACTLY this reason. I wanted a knife I could carry in my motorcycle boots, or work boots... it works perfectly, and carries secure in my boot even while riding. I like the versatility the ESEE 3 offers with the sheath. I can quickly remove the boot clip and use either paracord or the molle clips to secure it to any bag, belt or strap. Not to mention how freaking awesome the knife is!!!

Last edited:

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    LMAO! Well, I meant it more as, they will see me using the knife, which means they will not be following me into the john... but I never thought about when I'm at the bars and spinning...:laugh:

Anyways, talked to Knife Lady, she's hooking me up with the Izula, sheath, and boot clip for a great price! Much less than I had expected for an ESEE. I appreciate everyone's input and especially Knife Lady's great help!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    knife lady is the bomb thats for sure. brads pretty good too :) your going to love the izula it's great little edc blade for sure and will be able to handle all the tasks your going to give it

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    knife lady is the bomb thats for sure. brads pretty good too :) your going to love the izula it's great little edc blade for sure and will be able to handle all the tasks your going to give it

Well lets hope so lol... I guess if it breaks I'll just send it in for a new one anyways :rockwoot: ESEE has a great warranty policy!

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    no they have they have one of the best warranties lol. it's not just great it's pretty much perfect.

Very much so! My cousin had to ship his in and ended up with a brand new knife. For the reasons stated in This Thread. He said the woman he dealt with was awesome, but the guy who called him back was a real dick. Instead of dealing with the guy he just asked for the woman again and told the guy he had nothing to say to him.

Their turnaround time was extremely fast!

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Oh yeah, I know I'm new to knives and all, but what do you use to oil them? I always keep Rem Oil around for my firearms... will that work on the Izula as well? And how often do you have to oil it?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Oh yeah, I know I'm new to knives and all, but what do you use to oil them? I always keep Rem Oil around for my firearms... will that work on the Izula as well? And how often do you have to oil it?

Rem oil is just fine and you dont have to oil them often. Depends on how often you use them and how you store them. I leave mine in my sheath and only oil them maybe 2x a year. SOme leave theirs out of the sheath at all times when not in use. To each their own but you do not have to oil them often. If a little rust starts to get on them just rub the edge with the oil and the rust will come right off.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    it all depends really. if your going to use it for food prep, then you need to use something food grade such as mineral oil. if not then rem oil will work just fine. the izula is coated so the only part exposed is the edge. and i have 3 izulas that i rotate and carry daily. i never oil it but i cut a good amount of **** with it. as long as your cutting and using it the edge won't rust. if you will go 4 weeks or more with out cutting stuff then put a dab of oil on the edge and your fine.

edited to add of coarse the fixed blade queen got her post in first :) and that if you end up with a leather sheath do not store your blade in the sheath, as they retain moisture and will cause your blades to rust up bad. if you get a good kydex sheath you can store it in there no worries.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Awesome, I should be alright since I'll be using it just about every day for at least a little cutting.

Thanks again! You guys and gals are great!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Don't forget a little oil on the anything laser engraved on the blade, such as the logo. No big deal if you don't though, you'll just get a little disscoloration (if that's a real word?).

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Here's something to consider. This is my Sgian Dubh by Koyote Knives:

koyotesd1.jpg

koyotesd5.jpg

This is a great knife. I like it a lot. It's been a while so I don't remember offhand exactly how much I paid, but I do remember knowing at the time that it was very reasonable for what I was getting.

Koyote Knives | Custom Knives by Christof

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Wow! That is a great looking knife! Especially since you can customize it to the way you want it. It's too bad there are no prices listed on the site.

Well, I talked to Knife Lady, I'm going to be getting an Izula from her. I'm sure it will do the trick for the various things I need it for. Now I just have to wait for UPS to fix my pay for the third time this year... but anyways, maybe down the road I will look into getting a bigger and better knife if the Izula doesn't fit me well.

I appreciate all of the suggestions and information that everyone has given in this thread. It's helped me a ton and I can't thank you enough!

Edit: Just found the prices on those Koyote Knives... they will have to wait for sure lol.

Top Bottom