• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have to say, it’s easy enough just to run it through a few times and call it good enough.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Useful especially for guns like the 10/22 that can't really be cleaned from the breech. I also use for guns that don't really need a thorough cleaning.

I typically don't use for bolt guns, because they are so easy to clean with the bolt out.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    +1

Like others, I have one for every caliber rifle I own for quick range bore clean, when testing ammo patterns, when breaking in new barrel, etc.

I have zero for handgun calibers because it's just so quick to use a rod for my handguns and I don't do "long range" handgunning where that level of accuracy is a thing, for me. (If I had revolvers, that would be different)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My 10/22 will start spreading out around 300-400rds shot through it. For instance with Eley force it shoots around .75" avg 10 shot group. However, after about 300-400rds it will open to around 1" to 1.25" 10 shot groups. Is that about the normal for the 10/22?

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    My 10/22 will start spreading out around 300-400rds shot through it. For instance with Eley force it shoots around .75" avg 10 shot group. However, after about 300-400rds it will open to around 1" to 1.25" 10 shot groups. Is that about the normal for the 10/22?
    • You did not mention the distance for your groups.
    • Is that an original Ruger barrel or aftermarket?

I have not noticed that happening with my rimfire rifles, but rimfire rifles are all different. Condition of bore and ammo lube are major reasons the bore could foul bad enough to degrade accuracy after a few thousand shots. Bad cleaning techniques can also contribute to bore problems that could cause bad fouling. Not sure if any of those are causing your issues, but those are what I would look at first.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    • You did not mention the distance for your groups.
    • Is that an original Ruger barrel or aftermarket?

I have not noticed that happening with my rimfire rifles, but rimfire rifles are all different. Condition of bore and ammo lube are major reasons the bore could foul bad enough to degrade accuracy after a few thousand shots. Bad cleaning techniques can also contribute to bore problems that could cause bad fouling. Not sure if any of those are causing your issues, but those are what I would look at first.
    Stock thin barrel Walmart special from 1997 50yds out..

I'll do a complete bore cleaning evey 2000 rds. It still shines and the rifling is still in vert good to excellent condition.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom