Not open for further replies.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Welcome!

...and if it's not too personal, would you mind sharing "the straw that broke the camel's back?" What was it that made you say, "My goodness! I need to own guns!"???

Thanks!

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    Welcome to INGO!! I was in a similar situation with my wife. I grew up around guns and was properly educated, but my wife was always afraid. It took me 8 years, but finally convinced her otherwise, got her some training, and she just received her lifetime permit 2 weeks ago. It was a proud moment for me :D

Raistlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    New Castle
    Thanks everyone!

Actually my reason for converting may seem a little corny, but it was honestly the San Bernadino shooting that won me over.
    I vowed never to be in that situation, and not be able to at least attempt a defense. There's a bit of a Heroin problem in my town, with quite a few burglaries, so that's another major factor.
    I kinda figured at this point, there's two kinds of people in the world... those with guns, and those that wish they did when it's too late!
    I know which one I'd rather be! :D

Welcome from a huge Dragonlance fan!

Ha, ha! Always a pleasure to meet a fellow fan! :)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Not corny at all. You've actually hit 2 of the 3 most common reasons that I've heard for those who decided to buy a gun later in life. I came to firearms later as well.

-Larger events in the country/world.
    -Local crime situation.
    -Personally or family directly affected by crime.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Greetings all! Just thought I'd pop in to introduce myself.
    I am a former anti-gunner who was shown the light by the son of a member here.
    I've owned and shot several firearms for the past few months, and spend plenty of time at the range now. I've even managed to help my wife and daughter get over their fears of guns in the process of getting over mine.
    I was even just approved today for my lifetime carry permit, so I guess I'm doing something right in life now.
    I feel a little foolish for having been so ignorant towards them for so long, but hey, better late than never right?
    I've been lurking here for a while now, trying to get the hang of things, and decided it was time to come out of the shadows and mingle with the folks.
    Hope to learn more, and converse with as many of you as I can!

:welcome: to :ingo: ...and hope you ENJOY the benefits that firearms can bring to you!

BTW...you're not alone in your situation...it just takes the right experience and one slides over to the fun side! Put it this way...I've heard all the arguments 'against' guns...but I've never seen an 'anti-gunner' have a positive experience shooting a firearm and go back to the 'boring' side of life!

Raistlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    New Castle
    I'm definitely going to try to make it to the Indy 1500. My nephew keeps telling me how great it is.
    :welcome: to :ingo: ...and hope you ENJOY the benefits that firearms can bring to you!

BTW...you're not alone in your situation...it just takes the right experience and one slides over to the fun side! Put it this way...I've heard all the arguments 'against' guns...but I've never seen an 'anti-gunner' have a positive experience shooting a firearm and go back to the 'boring' side of life!

From the first time I pulled the trigger until now, I've had nothing but positive experiences with firearms. Everyone I've met online and in person has been a tremendous help, very encouraging, and all around friendly people.
    I must say though, it can be quite the addiction. Three months ago, I didn't own any guns, and now I've got a bit of a collection going!

MJVhHlX.jpg

I purchased the purple Ruger for my wife, figuring a gun in her favorite color would help break the ice. The blue SCCY is my daughters for the exact same reasons.
    The rest is all me! lol

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Not a bad start to a collection at all! Congrats on making your way over to our side. No reason to be ashamed of the mindset you came from. In fact, you may be able to utilize that journey and knowledge to bring over others in your situation that just "don't know what they don't know."

Welcome aboard!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    That's awesome man! Hearing this kind of stuff makes me happy!
    By the way, super cool that you've got a rifle already! I hope you keep enjoying it more and more!

Welcome to INGO!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom