Brass knuckles.Anyone carrying or collecting them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    They look beautifully machined.
    Are they steel with G10 scales?

Thanks! They are actually cut out with a hole saw and band saw and sanded. These are brass with G-10 scales.

I'd like to have some of those. They look great!

Thanks!

Dang it gabriel why'd you have to post those. I've been drooling over your instagram page.

Ha! I haven't really updated that in a while. December was not a good month for getting into the shop.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have a bunch, some from Trench Warfare or WWI & II I got when my uncles started dying, some I bought from Plowshare Forge to round those out. Some I have are junk, the "Belt Buckle" type and some are these new plastic "tool" looking ones made so they can be carried without too much trouble from the MAN. Some are legal, some not, for carry around here at least. I even have a couple pair of sap gloves and a couple Black Jacks and a slapper/sag, those from uncles as well. I don't carry them or even want to but I sort of like having them as they are a bit of history.

Still hoping Gabriel will make me some of his copper ones....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Wait, wait... Wut? No, that's unpossible! We can't allow the people to keep and bear arms without a license and only punish the actions committed WITH the item in question! That just defies common sense- and think of the children!!!one!!!!

Still can't find that dang purple crayon.

Blessings,
    Bill

I was just a kid in the 80's. I do remember you get them through paper catalogs in the 90s, usually those outlandish things with the spiked knuckles and a folding blade.

If you mean are they a concealed weapon in the sense of needing a license, no. If you were to use them, though, they would certainly be considered a weapon when it came to enhancements to the crime. Battery goes from a mid-level misdemeanor up to a major felony, with many steps in between, based on the level of injury inflicted and the instrument used.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Someone could do the legal research on this, I'm just an amateur, but I believe this may have been covered at one time under IC 35-47-5, and a bunch of stuff has been amended and repealed in there.

We discussed a while back in some threads on saps, blackjacks, etc. (also currently legal in Indiana).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hmmm...sounds quite a bit like gray area of legality with the "decorative" throwing stars.

How is it a gray area? They are either legal or they are not.And it looks like brass knuckes are legal in Indiana (both to own and carry).
    The throwing stars are specifically prohibited.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Some are legal, some not, for carry around here at least.

Local ordinance?

Hmmm...sounds quite a bit like gray area of legality with the "decorative" throwing stars.

Not sure how.

How is it a gray area? They are either legal or they are not.And it looks like brass knuckes are legal in Indiana (both to own and carry).
    The throwing stars are specifically prohibited.

I don't know either. I do know what he is talking about regarding throwing stars, just not sure how it relates to brass knuckles. They sell unsharpened throwing stars with designs on them as "paper weights" or with a hole in the center as "pendants". If they were sharpened they would be illegal no matter what they called them..

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    wonder why I post at all, I seem to be singled out to be proven wrong.

This was my experience with LEO encounters.
    I stand corrected.

No worries.
    It sounds as if the overzealous LEO is the real one at fault from your experience.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    wonder why I post at all, I seem to be singled out to be proven wrong.

This was my experience with LEO encounters.
    I stand corrected.

Some LEOs like to tell you something is illegal when they don't like you having them.
    I've been told by a cop that carrying pepper spray was illegal in Indiana. :rolleyes:
    I think some INGOers also reported being told by cops that open caryr was not legal in Indiana.

Top Bottom